- Lazy Green: Alumnus James Kyungmo Yang (MFA 2010 Design) started Lazy Green as part of his SVA thesis project, and now it’s a full-fledged app for the iPhone and iPad. This educational game has players perform energy-saving tasks to earn “carbon points” and help save endangered animals. Lazy Green is available in the Apple App Store for $1.99.
- The Skinny Dip Shop: Current students Jeff Bryson (BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects Department) and Kelly Shami (BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department) have started a clothing company called The Skinny Dip Shop. The shop contains vibrantly designed T-shirts, jewelry, accessories and even throw pillows to spice up apartment decor. Visit theskinnydipshop.com to get more info.
- Bequita: Alumnus Rebecca Bardes (BFA 2003 Illustration) is the founder and creative director of Bequita, a boutique of clothing for children ages 6 months to 6 years. All of the clothes are 100% organic cotton and feature original, hand-drawn prints by Bardes. Visit bequita.com to see clothes for boys and girls.
- Style Spotlight: SVA Alum's Peter Buchanan-Smith's Best Made Co. https://t.co/VXCVJR3PF8 about 9 hours ago
- RT @MFAVN: Storytellers know that a story is only good because of honest feedback & hard work. There are no shortcuts. But there are tools… about 11 hours ago
- RT @wia_nyc: Do not miss SVA's free event on Feb 27th, "Let's Talk: Queer Identity & Creativity”. 5 inspiring SVA alumni discuss how queer… about 11 hours ago
- RT @BrennaDeLune: Straighting up the living room and there's three books that my eight year old never seems to put up because she's always… about 11 hours ago
- RT @SVAfilmvideo: SVA Closed at 3pm, Wednesday February 20th. Due to inclement weather, all classes scheduled to meet after 3pm are cancele… about 11 hours ago
- Letter-Perfect: #SVA Subway Series Hall of Famer & Legendary Designer #PaulaScher [Video] https://t.co/HIGftXChXS about 12 hours ago
- RT @svasocdoc: March 1: see excellent lesbian cinema history doc Dykes Camera Action! at @Athenafilmfest We'll be front & center, making a… about 12 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com