- Lazy Green: Alumnus James Kyungmo Yang (MFA 2010 Design) started Lazy Green as part of his SVA thesis project, and now it’s a full-fledged app for the iPhone and iPad. This educational game has players perform energy-saving tasks to earn “carbon points” and help save endangered animals. Lazy Green is available in the Apple App Store for $1.99.
- The Skinny Dip Shop: Current students Jeff Bryson (BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects Department) and Kelly Shami (BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department) have started a clothing company called The Skinny Dip Shop. The shop contains vibrantly designed T-shirts, jewelry, accessories and even throw pillows to spice up apartment decor. Visit theskinnydipshop.com to get more info.
- Bequita: Alumnus Rebecca Bardes (BFA 2003 Illustration) is the founder and creative director of Bequita, a boutique of clothing for children ages 6 months to 6 years. All of the clothes are 100% organic cotton and feature original, hand-drawn prints by Bardes. Visit bequita.com to see clothes for boys and girls.
- Lost art: the great Caravaggio whodunnit https://t.co/DwXgLUP2TR about 5 hours ago
- We’ve got recommendations! Summertime Sights: Exhibitions and Outdoor Installations in NYC https://t.co/LoGgVqklCm about 5 hours ago
- 25 Mind-Boggling Droste Effect Examples https://t.co/SAE7bLn1UI https://t.co/xJMJyuqc7I about 5 hours ago
- RT @yukoart: Revision round done! So many proof prints! so I made a book cover with one with this Aleppo skyline. Catman of Aleppo will be… about 5 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: Venture 19 Video Series #Venture19 #SVAwesome #classof2019 https://t.co/tFKlEbqPaD @SVA_News https://t.co/qWhIgtxPqn about 5 hours ago
- RT @SVALibrary: Ready for summer film screenings at Library West? Thursdays. 12-4PM. Double features. Snacks. Kicking things off next week… about 5 hours ago
- How art and culture can help us rethink time https://t.co/5i2CBaEp0c about 6 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org