- Business magazine Fast Company chose Look Both Ways: Illustrated Essays on the Intersection of Life and Design by MPS Branding Department Chair Debbie Millman for its Best Design and Architecture Books of 2009 list.
- In the latest installment of HOW magazine’s In-HOWse Design Awards, the Visual Arts Press won four Merit awards in the Education category: the 2009–2010 Undergraduate Catalog; subway posters by faculty members Gail Anderson and Mirko Ilic; and the fall 2008 issue of the Visual Arts Journal.
- Film critic Richard Roeper has compiled his Best Films of the Decade for the Chicago Sun-Times, and Dinner Rush, directed by MPS Live Action Short Film Department Chair Bob Giraldi, earned a slot on the list.
- Alumnus Michael Rizzo (2006 Film and Video) won the Audience Choice Award at the Zero Film Festival for Bay Rizz – The Rescue, a short film about Mayor Bay Rizz (played by Rizzo), who goes missing in Brooklyn’s Bay Ridge neighborhood.
- BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department faculty member Peter Kuper took home the Gold Medal in the Sequential Art category at this year’s Society of Illustrators 52 competition. Kuper’s winning work will be on display in the “Annual Exhibition: Illustrators 52,” 128 East 63 Street, through Saturday, January 23.
- Man exonerated after 45 years sells his prison art to get by https://t.co/8jQJcIr05P about 10 hours ago
- James Turrell’s most ambitious work is set to open after 45 years https://t.co/a0OHyeighE about 10 hours ago
- Circles in the Sand releases sand labyrinth schedule for 2019 https://t.co/NHWCSW8jWD about 11 hours ago
- Zak Bagans, 'Ghost Adventures' star, adds Titanic artifact to haunted collection https://t.co/wnngN296kG about 12 hours ago
- Why you can't look away from that Trump fast food photo https://t.co/GlvllydFns about 13 hours ago
- "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."-… https://t.co/frxYNKuaMm about 14 hours ago
- Sketchbook Vol. 1 Provides an Intimate Look into the Minds of Fourteen Contemporary Artists https://t.co/JLXVIF47sU 09:19:00 PM January 20, 2019
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]