- The New York Times praised “Design USA: Contemporary Innovation,” an exhibition at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, which includes work by SVA Acting Chairman Milton Glaser. Featuring works by designers honored during the first 10 years of the museum’s National Design Awards, the exhibition also has an accompanying multimedia iPod Touch guide with additional features including slideshows and interviews. The exhibition is on view through Sunday, April 4, at 2 East 91st Street.
- Alumnus Kevin Asch’s (BFA 1998 Film and Video) film Holy Rollers, which is a contender in the U.S. Dramatic Competition at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival, was featured in indiWIRE. The movie follows the story of an American Hasidic Jew who smuggles Ecstasy from Europe to the U.S. in the late 1990s. Click here to view a video clip of Asch talking about the film on the Sundance Web site.
- Alumnus Craig Gillespie (BFA 1989 Advertising) just picked up his fourth career nomination for a Directors Guild of America (DGA) Award in the commercials category. Gillespie was nominated for three campaigns for Car.com, Guinness and Orbit. Click here to read an article in Shoot about Gillespie’s entries for the awards.
- Learn Product Design and Traditional Craft in Japan with SVA Destinations https://t.co/kJP9zp3VZ1 about 6 hours ago
- RT @ScriptFeed: Want to tell great stories that make an impact? Our friends at SVA's Documentary MFA SVASocDoc teach the skills to evolve t… about 6 hours ago
- ICYMI: Milton Glaser isn't thrilled with the Amazon-ed version of his iconic 'I Love NY' logo.… https://t.co/QWnUin8wgu about 6 hours ago
- RT @SVACarDev: Hey #SVA apply for the Diversity Fellowship Program with @ArtTable by March 1st. #diversityfellowship #studentsuccess https:… about 6 hours ago
- [email protected] interviews @SVABFAPHOTO alum Sinjun Strom https://t.co/DraGwqMtmR https://t.co/m3QdaS5RwD about 12 hours ago
- RT @heyjenbartel: My cover for Marvel Tales: THANOS 🌈🌟 Available at your LCS in April! https://t.co/u7WgPhOtn0 about 13 hours ago
- [email protected] alumni Thomas Holton's acclaimed work "The Lams of Ludlow Street" is on view @MuseumofCityNY. The w… https://t.co/YIMvjxaCPJ about 14 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]