- The New York Times praised “Design USA: Contemporary Innovation,” an exhibition at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, which includes work by SVA Acting Chairman Milton Glaser. Featuring works by designers honored during the first 10 years of the museum’s National Design Awards, the exhibition also has an accompanying multimedia iPod Touch guide with additional features including slideshows and interviews. The exhibition is on view through Sunday, April 4, at 2 East 91st Street.
- Alumnus Kevin Asch’s (BFA 1998 Film and Video) film Holy Rollers, which is a contender in the U.S. Dramatic Competition at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival, was featured in indiWIRE. The movie follows the story of an American Hasidic Jew who smuggles Ecstasy from Europe to the U.S. in the late 1990s. Click here to view a video clip of Asch talking about the film on the Sundance Web site.
- Alumnus Craig Gillespie (BFA 1989 Advertising) just picked up his fourth career nomination for a Directors Guild of America (DGA) Award in the commercials category. Gillespie was nominated for three campaigns for Car.com, Guinness and Orbit. Click here to read an article in Shoot about Gillespie’s entries for the awards.
- The Original Shark from ‘Jaws’ is Being Restored By Greg Nicotero and His Team! https://t.co/MCXSMxlJyr about 14 hours ago
- Via @QZ's @quartzatwork: #MiltonGlaser is spending his 90th birthday doing what he loves most: working https://t.co/O9Lk44ArIU about 15 hours ago
- RT @ToddRadom: Today is Milton Glaser’s 90th birthday. I’ve been lucky to have been able to occasionally interact with him over the years.… about 15 hours ago
- RT @SVA_MFACA: Faculty member @bentoncbainbrid's video self portrait! https://t.co/TNIugGn5vE about 15 hours ago
- RT @SVALibrary: The library will close at 1pm next Wednesday, July 3rd, and remain closed through the weekend for Independence Day. We'll r… about 15 hours ago
- Atmospheric Oil Paintings Capture the Stunning Beauty of Billowing Clouds https://t.co/sKYqxWUqoC about 15 hours ago
- Mysterious glowing light on Mars captured by Nasa's Curiosity probe https://t.co/tkSOduX8kT about 16 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org