- Alumnus Jonathan Torgovnik’s (BFA 1996 Photography) photographs of the post-earthquake recovery efforts in Haiti are featured on Anderson Cooper’s blog AC360°. Torgovnik and Cooper, along with with other members of CNN’s crew, were in Haiti reporting on the effects of the earthquake,when Cooper aided a young boy who had been attacked by looters. Click here to view Torgovnik’s photographs of the incident.
- The New York Times recently mentioned Humanities and Sciences Department faculty member Susan Mosakowski in a glowing review of the one-person show “Wild Man.” Mosakowski is one of the creative directors of the Creation Production Company, which is co-presenting the play, at The Wild Project, 195 East Third Street, through Tuesday, January 26.
- The Web site for the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph touted a class project by current MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department student James Pomerantz. Pomerantz aggregated essays, images and video about conflict photography to create a Web site on the topic. Pomerantz also blogs about his studies at SVA.
- Richard Avedon’s Unique Photograph to be Featured at Christie’s Upcoming Auction https://t.co/0QFtcWjYzO about 13 hours ago
- RT @AndreaTsurumi: Sign up's open for this summer's SVA Illustration & Visual Storytelling Residency! https://t.co/FHYXj4bW9o Join @aaronme… about 14 hours ago
- Sàn Art is a gallery / program in Vietnam founded by #SVA alumnus Dinh Q Le https://t.co/0EeOw6545I https://t.co/JjzzkcgnsS about 14 hours ago
- Read #SVA faculty Amy Taubin on how Jonathan Demme put an uncompromisingly feminist spin on the crime procedural wi… https://t.co/LiRoWuVDwO about 15 hours ago
- RT @svaixd: "Thesis is due in only a few weeks!" —student @Glendacap in her final semester https://t.co/ESRh0CvTTu about 15 hours ago
- #SVAccepted 👏👏👏 Congrats @chulochanchito 💪💥 https://t.co/jFbS7bkriQ about 15 hours ago
- MFA Fine Arts alumnus David Mramor (aka Enid Ellen) featured in @AnotherMagazine for his activism… https://t.co/Sk0Ag2nBnA about 15 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com