- Alumnus Deborah Adler’s (MFA 2002 Design) redesign of the Target chain’s prescription bottle was included in an article about major design developments on the GOOD magazine Web site. Adler developed new, safer prescription bottles and labels for her thesis project in the MFA Design Department, which was also the subject of an exhibition at SVA in 2005.
- The Print magazine Web site is featuring an interview with faculty member Genevieve Williams and alumnus Dan Cassaro (BFA 2008 Graphic Design), who were creative director and one of the art directors, respectively, for the BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department 2008 Senior Library. The Library, a three-book set with each volume designed by a different art director, was a winner in the New York City section of Print‘s 2009 Regional Design Annual.
- Alumnus Dash Shaw’s (BFA 2005 Illustration) new book The Unclothed Man in the 35th Century—along with his accompanying Web series on IFC.com—recently received coverage on the Entertainment Weekly Web site, Big Shiny Robot!, Comics Alliance and shortandsweetnyc.com. Click here to read previous Briefs coverage of The Unclothed Man.
- RT @hyperallergic: “As a queer artist, I am interested in what comfort means, both in my practice and everyday life, and how to visualize i… about 6 minutes ago
- RT @tmasson: https://t.co/aQrKyqXpPN Don't miss @ViewConference 2019 this October! I promise you'll come away inspired on so many levels it… about 24 minutes ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: Sasha Prood MFAD '15 talks about her new book on @ABRAMSbooks @sva_news #visualarts #books #SVA #newbook #ABRAMS #alumna… about 44 minutes ago
- RT @alexgrantwright: How can interaction designers address “long view” problems like climate change, income equality, or biodiversity? Take… about 44 minutes ago
- RT @annaraffNYC: Hey NYC! Come meet a great group of illustrators from the Summer Residency Program at the School of Visual Arts this Thurs… about 44 minutes ago
- RT @thedailyheller: HAPPY 90th #BIRTHDAY, @MiltonGlaserInc. A milestone to be sure, but not just a chronological one. https://t.co/P53ayRBC… about 45 minutes ago
- "In the realm of art, you are in the business of goodwill and creating imagery, and ideas that unite people and mak… https://t.co/nwTh4tb7rM about 54 minutes ago in reply to SVA_News
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org