- Alumnus Deborah Adler’s (MFA 2002 Design) redesign of the Target chain’s prescription bottle was included in an article about major design developments on the GOOD magazine Web site. Adler developed new, safer prescription bottles and labels for her thesis project in the MFA Design Department, which was also the subject of an exhibition at SVA in 2005.
- The Print magazine Web site is featuring an interview with faculty member Genevieve Williams and alumnus Dan Cassaro (BFA 2008 Graphic Design), who were creative director and one of the art directors, respectively, for the BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department 2008 Senior Library. The Library, a three-book set with each volume designed by a different art director, was a winner in the New York City section of Print‘s 2009 Regional Design Annual.
- Alumnus Dash Shaw’s (BFA 2005 Illustration) new book The Unclothed Man in the 35th Century—along with his accompanying Web series on IFC.com—recently received coverage on the Entertainment Weekly Web site, Big Shiny Robot!, Comics Alliance and shortandsweetnyc.com. Click here to read previous Briefs coverage of The Unclothed Man.
- Richard Avedon’s Unique Photograph to be Featured at Christie’s Upcoming Auction https://t.co/0QFtcWjYzO about 13 hours ago
- RT @AndreaTsurumi: Sign up's open for this summer's SVA Illustration & Visual Storytelling Residency! https://t.co/FHYXj4bW9o Join @aaronme… about 14 hours ago
- Sàn Art is a gallery / program in Vietnam founded by #SVA alumnus Dinh Q Le https://t.co/0EeOw6545I https://t.co/JjzzkcgnsS about 14 hours ago
- Read #SVA faculty Amy Taubin on how Jonathan Demme put an uncompromisingly feminist spin on the crime procedural wi… https://t.co/LiRoWuVDwO about 15 hours ago
- RT @svaixd: "Thesis is due in only a few weeks!" —student @Glendacap in her final semester https://t.co/ESRh0CvTTu about 15 hours ago
- #SVAccepted 👏👏👏 Congrats @chulochanchito 💪💥 https://t.co/jFbS7bkriQ about 15 hours ago
- MFA Fine Arts alumnus David Mramor (aka Enid Ellen) featured in @AnotherMagazine for his activism… https://t.co/Sk0Ag2nBnA about 15 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com