SVA, in partnership with Giraldi Media, recently announced the winners of the inaugural Out of Hand International Festival (OOHIF), which showcased digital content created by students worldwide and intended for playback on mobile and handheld devices. The $5,000 grand prize was awarded to Guilherme Maueler, a student at the Edinburgh College of Art in Scotland. The second-place prize, a one-month summer creative residency with housing at SVA, was awarded to BFA Film, Video and Animation Department student Ross Bollinger. The winning animations, which use both hand-drawn technique and motion graphics, can be viewed online at www.outofhandfestival.com.
The OOHIF received more than 1,200 submissions from aspiring artists, designers, filmmakers and creative thinkers worldwide. The jurors included MPS Live Action Short Film Department Chair Bob Giraldi, MFA Interaction Design Department Chair Liz Danzico, Cut&Paste’s John Fiorelli, humorist Ze Frank, author Joshua Klein, and PC Magazine‘s Jamie Lendino. Submissions for the 2010 festival are currently being accepted at the OOHIF Web site.
- 13-Year-Old Paints Backpack in Honor of Exonerated 5 to Raise Awareness in School https://t.co/au1SCwlgC3 01:32:01 PM August 24, 2019
- Tech billionaires haven’t killed Burning Man’s anti-capitalist spirit—but influencers might https://t.co/Q6IeV2RaFP 12:28:00 PM August 24, 2019
- The Box XL Houses, by Grupo Zegnea, are a development of seven houses that aim to harmonize what is manmade with wh… https://t.co/gYrindD7jX 11:24:03 AM August 24, 2019
- The Relationship Between Landscape and Home for Palestinian Artists https://t.co/DEStgDpA8W 10:20:01 AM August 24, 2019
- Yeah, man! https://t.co/jKmrZNHw5S 09:16:01 AM August 24, 2019
- Whether you’re designing a unique website background, a poster, sketch, or creating an artistic photo composition,… https://t.co/xOFrJa9KZE 05:15:02 PM August 23, 2019
- #SVA Subway Series: Peter Ahlberg Captures An 'Impossible' Moment [Video] https://t.co/HUhs6npeoZ 04:28:21 PM August 23, 2019
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org