SVA, in partnership with Giraldi Media, recently announced the winners of the inaugural Out of Hand International Festival (OOHIF), which showcased digital content created by students worldwide and intended for playback on mobile and handheld devices. The $5,000 grand prize was awarded to Guilherme Maueler, a student at the Edinburgh College of Art in Scotland. The second-place prize, a one-month summer creative residency with housing at SVA, was awarded to BFA Film, Video and Animation Department student Ross Bollinger. The winning animations, which use both hand-drawn technique and motion graphics, can be viewed online at www.outofhandfestival.com.
The OOHIF received more than 1,200 submissions from aspiring artists, designers, filmmakers and creative thinkers worldwide. The jurors included MPS Live Action Short Film Department Chair Bob Giraldi, MFA Interaction Design Department Chair Liz Danzico, Cut&Paste’s John Fiorelli, humorist Ze Frank, author Joshua Klein, and PC Magazine‘s Jamie Lendino. Submissions for the 2010 festival are currently being accepted at the OOHIF Web site.
- Sebastian Errazuriz ridicules Notre-Dame proposals with rocket launchpad design https://t.co/focvr7yrz3 about 11 hours ago
- The artist making tiny replicas of Melbourne's grungy landmarks before they disappear https://t.co/yMloQmLsmU about 12 hours ago
- Windsor photographer's shot of bald eagle and its reflection goes viral https://t.co/0FU624gvtN about 13 hours ago
- Reimagining the Megalodon, the World's Most Terrifying Sea Creature https://t.co/2UBEmtgea9 about 14 hours ago
- This Airport Made Fence Holes for Planespotting Photographers https://t.co/oE49r70zx6 about 15 hours ago
- Twisted and Layered Balloons Form Eye-Popping Animal Sculptures by Masayoshi Matsumoto https://t.co/RN4G556wCJ about 16 hours ago
- Craters of the moon, seen from Instagram https://t.co/BHIUcfexdf about 17 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com