- An interview with alumnus and comic artist Michael Kupperman (BFA 1998 Fine Arts) was recently featured in The A.V. Club. The first four issues of Kupperman’s Tales Designed to Thrizzle were recently published in a hardcover book (Fantagraphics 2009). Conan O’Brien also included Kupperman’s comics in his Must List in the May 31 issue of Entertainment Weekly.
- The New York Times recently highlighted the work of Pooneh Maghazehe, which is included in the Chelsea Art Museum‘s exhibition “Iran Inside Out.” Maghazehe completed summer residencies in painting through the Division of Continuing Education in 2007 and 2008. View a slide show of images from the exhibition at on The New York Times‘ Web site.
- In an article about female bohemian authors, The Village Voice profiled Reverend Jen, a performance artist also known as alumnus Jen Miller (BFA 1994 Fine Arts). Miller’s new book, Live Nude Elf, chronicles her years as a sex columnist for nerve.com.
- Gorgeous New Murals At Reopened 167th Street Station Celebrate Bronx Icons https://t.co/Xcvh7OZYSU about 15 hours ago
- #MartinLutherKingJrDay: #SVA is closed on Monday, January 21, in observance of #MartinLutherKingJr. Day. Classes an… https://t.co/JgoinbK6Qr about 15 hours ago
- RT @SVALibrary: The library is open normal hours Saturday & Sunday, but will be closed Monday, 1/21 in observance of #MartinLutherKingJrDay… about 15 hours ago
- Continuing Your Education at #SVA Whether you are seeking to acquire new skills or just unwind, @SVAContinuingEd se… https://t.co/aPIjNN5PhY about 16 hours ago
- How Driving Limousines Taught SVA Alumnus Kathy Shorr (@katshorr) More About Human Nature https://t.co/yLPABMWxej about 16 hours ago
- RT @artwritingSVA: #FridayRead: Alumna Sanjana Srinivasan (Class of 2018) reviews "[email protected]: Transient Worlds of Belonging” at @sakshiga… about 17 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT: The God of Dark Laughter - The first years will be having their first exhibition at the SVA Gramercy... https://t.co/g… about 17 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]