- For its 50th Illustration Annual, Communication Arts revisited several illustrators who have been profiled since the inception of the annual issue. Several members of the SVA community were on that list, including MFA Illustration as Visual Essay Department Chair Marshall Arisman, alumnus and Masters Series laureate Paul Davis (G 1959 Illustration), BFA Illustration and Cartooning faculty member Steve Brodner, and alumnus and BFA Illustration and Cartooning faculty member Yuko Shimizu.
- New York Press interviewed MFA Design Department Co-chair Steven Heller for an article about T-shirts created by graphic designers and the debate about whether or not these designs constitute original art. In addition to having authored several books on graphic design, Heller also writes a daily blog for Print magazine.
- The exhibition “Identity Identities (i/i),” featuring work by graduates from the BFA Photography Department, was recently covered in ArtDaily.org. The exhibition is at Aperture Gallery, 547 West 27th Street, 4th floor and on view until Wednesday, August 26.
- @TheRichardLewis ❤️❤️❤️ about 1 hour ago in reply to TheRichardLewis
- RT @TheRichardLewis: Collage by the late, Carl Nicholas Titolo. His angelic widow, Angela found it. It was like a thank you to his pal/ pat… about 1 hour ago
- The Undersung Art of Native American Women, Front and Center https://t.co/lZtcemKVqP about 4 hours ago
- Voices @ #SVA: BFA Advertising Student Jaewoo Park https://t.co/T77MfDjTRG about 4 hours ago
- These are the most startling photos from the world of science this year https://t.co/rN6tql4JCE about 5 hours ago
- Preview 11 of Burning Man’s Most-Anticipated Artworks https://t.co/M2md6vYNtX about 6 hours ago
- RT @typedirectors: See #TDC65 award-winning work @TypeCon Aug 30-Sept 1 and at PJATK Warsaw thru Sept 30. Congratulations to @ErikCampay ,… about 6 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org