- For its 50th Illustration Annual, Communication Arts revisited several illustrators who have been profiled since the inception of the annual issue. Several members of the SVA community were on that list, including MFA Illustration as Visual Essay Department Chair Marshall Arisman, alumnus and Masters Series laureate Paul Davis (G 1959 Illustration), BFA Illustration and Cartooning faculty member Steve Brodner, and alumnus and BFA Illustration and Cartooning faculty member Yuko Shimizu.
- New York Press interviewed MFA Design Department Co-chair Steven Heller for an article about T-shirts created by graphic designers and the debate about whether or not these designs constitute original art. In addition to having authored several books on graphic design, Heller also writes a daily blog for Print magazine.
- The exhibition “Identity Identities (i/i),” featuring work by graduates from the BFA Photography Department, was recently covered in ArtDaily.org. The exhibition is at Aperture Gallery, 547 West 27th Street, 4th floor and on view until Wednesday, August 26.
- Farah Al Qasimi Crosses ‘Unseen Boundaries’ With Photography https://t.co/jEe98PkwE0 about 12 hours ago
- Joe Overstreet, Painter and Activist, Is Dead at 85 https://t.co/58x7zXSE2x about 13 hours ago
- Light Shines Through a Rainbow-Tinted Geometric Panel Installation by Art Duo Luftwerk https://t.co/lwGWPmihhn about 14 hours ago
- I’ve been studying logos for decades. Here’s what changed this year via @FastCompany https://t.co/L3imoRomL1 09:19:03 PM June 15, 2019
- Laurie Anderson: 'It's a great time to be creating new realities' https://t.co/tq9KmwOqYp 08:15:03 PM June 15, 2019
- London to get 'world's first' infinity pool with 360-degree views https://t.co/hCF3tVjwFm 07:11:00 PM June 15, 2019
- This Might Be the Most Beautiful Video of the Great American Solar Eclipse https://t.co/5mi49r8SJ7 06:07:01 PM June 15, 2019
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com