- For its 50th Illustration Annual, Communication Arts revisited several illustrators who have been profiled since the inception of the annual issue. Several members of the SVA community were on that list, including MFA Illustration as Visual Essay Department Chair Marshall Arisman, alumnus and Masters Series laureate Paul Davis (G 1959 Illustration), BFA Illustration and Cartooning faculty member Steve Brodner, and alumnus and BFA Illustration and Cartooning faculty member Yuko Shimizu.
- New York Press interviewed MFA Design Department Co-chair Steven Heller for an article about T-shirts created by graphic designers and the debate about whether or not these designs constitute original art. In addition to having authored several books on graphic design, Heller also writes a daily blog for Print magazine.
- The exhibition “Identity Identities (i/i),” featuring work by graduates from the BFA Photography Department, was recently covered in ArtDaily.org. The exhibition is at Aperture Gallery, 547 West 27th Street, 4th floor and on view until Wednesday, August 26.
- There’s a Pig Called “Pigasso” Who Paints With His Mouth https://t.co/3XpFCBG8zP about 3 hours ago
- Meet The Animation Team Behind The #Oscars-winning #SpiderVerse wghttps://link.sva.edu/2Fkg0ZH about 4 hours ago
- When Will Ralph Eugene Meatyard Get the Retrospective He Deserves? via @Hyperallergic https://t.co/QASA1bo6wa about 5 hours ago
- Atlanta’s Civil War Monument, Minus the Pro-Confederate Bunkum https://t.co/8gyGATSiyk about 6 hours ago
- A 7-Hour, 6-Mile, Round-the-Museum Tour of the Prado in Madrid. https://t.co/TuQTtaavgK about 7 hours ago
- This Exhibit Gives Visitors the Experience of Stepping Inside Van Gogh’s Paintings https://t.co/9G1vxIwpVX about 8 hours ago
- Barbara Hammer, Pioneering Queer Experimental Filmmaker, Is Dead at 79 https://t.co/4tIhQHcMMF about 9 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com