- The Badlands Saloon: An Illustrated Novel by Jonathan Twingley (MFA 1998 Illustration as Visual Essay): A semi-autobiographical paen to the American of Jack Kerouac and Walt Whitman, Twingley’s book follows art student Jonny as he moves from New York City to rural North Dakota, meeting and sketching the locals he encounters (Scribner, 2009).
- Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom by Eric Wight (BFA 1998 Animation): The first book in a new series for Simon & Schuster, this hybrid of graphic novel and standard chapter book brings the title character’s imagination to life as he turns cleaning his room into a fantastical adventure (Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, 2009).
- Iraq War Stories Anthology, edited by Nick Bertozzi (faculty, BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department): An online collection of work from Bertozzi’s Comic Book Storytelling Workshop course, featuring student adaptations of stories from the battlefields of Iraq. Thirteen stories will run at act-i-vate.com, one per week, through the end of July.
- Calling #SVA community members: submit your #sketchbook to SVA Style to get your work seen across campus! https://t.co/nbaR8s1mFe about 2 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinued: Visit us to see textile art by Defne Tutus, who is a recent student from Aimee Morgana’s “Fiber Art + Fashion” course her… about 2 hours ago
- The Pioneers of Postmodern Dance, 60 Years Later https://t.co/XyUKejBNr7 about 3 hours ago
- Street Photography That Elevates Scenes of Everyday Life in East London https://t.co/9BpcAw5Dq0 about 4 hours ago
- Photos via @UniversidadORT in #Uruguay. about 4 hours ago in reply to SVA_News
- SVA's Subway Posters make their way around the world with "Underground Images." Read more: https://t.co/9ocLKAddfz https://t.co/CtNgvVABA4 about 4 hours ago
- RT @SVAcuratorial: Harvard Center for African Studies to present artist Tahir Carl Karmali in conversation the #SVA #MACuratorialPractice f… about 4 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org