- Areej Khan‘s (MFA 2009 Design) thesis project We the Women was recently featured on NY1 and CNN. Khan graduated from the MFA Design Department on May 15 and was the subject of two recent stories in The New York Times for the project.
- The May 11 issue of New York magazine profiles video artist and alumnus Kate Gilmore (MFA 2002 Fine Arts), highlighting her current group exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum, “Reflections on the Electric Mirror: New Feminist Video,” running through January 2010. The current issue of Time Out New York also calls out Gilmore’s work in the exhibition.
- Alumni Alejandra Laviada (MFA 2007 Photography, Video and Related Media) and Daniel Traub (MFA 1998 Photography, Video and Related Media) were featured in The Moment, the blog for T: The New York Times Style Magazine. Both Laviada and Traub were among 10 emerging photographers selected for this year’s International Fashion and Photography Festival in Hyeres, France. Additionally, work by Laviada and alumnus Amy Stein (MFA 2006 Photography, Video and Related Media) is included in the online publication Visura Magazine.
- This floating house is climate apocalypse-ready via @FastCompany https://t.co/bPhrA3LZvv about 31 minutes ago
- How #DavidFincher and Tim Miller's 'Heavy Metal' Reboot Became Netflix's Animated #LoveDeathAndRobots https://t.co/j41dEmo6z6 about 1 hour ago
- Lego's Steamboat Willie Tribute Is Black And White And Perfect https://t.co/5AiDq8b2nI about 2 hours ago
- New York Art Galleries: What to See Right Now via @NYTImes https://t.co/ZlXrmTDByp about 4 hours ago
- #IKEA upcycles furniture into colourful Wildhomes for Wildlife https://t.co/9h7YZUZZcp about 5 hours ago
- How to move a masterpiece: the secret business of shipping priceless artworks https://t.co/5rxlX87Ehi https://t.co/lvxZSifqMi about 6 hours ago
- Offensive History, At the Natural History Museum Revisited via the @NYTimes https://t.co/nJawYYr2Cs https://t.co/gI1zw59fCT about 7 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com