- Areej Khan‘s (MFA 2009 Design) thesis project We the Women was recently featured on NY1 and CNN. Khan graduated from the MFA Design Department on May 15 and was the subject of two recent stories in The New York Times for the project.
- The May 11 issue of New York magazine profiles video artist and alumnus Kate Gilmore (MFA 2002 Fine Arts), highlighting her current group exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum, “Reflections on the Electric Mirror: New Feminist Video,” running through January 2010. The current issue of Time Out New York also calls out Gilmore’s work in the exhibition.
- Alumni Alejandra Laviada (MFA 2007 Photography, Video and Related Media) and Daniel Traub (MFA 1998 Photography, Video and Related Media) were featured in The Moment, the blog for T: The New York Times Style Magazine. Both Laviada and Traub were among 10 emerging photographers selected for this year’s International Fashion and Photography Festival in Hyeres, France. Additionally, work by Laviada and alumnus Amy Stein (MFA 2006 Photography, Video and Related Media) is included in the online publication Visura Magazine.
- There’s a Pig Called “Pigasso” Who Paints With His Mouth https://t.co/3XpFCBG8zP about 3 hours ago
- Meet The Animation Team Behind The #Oscars-winning #SpiderVerse wghttps://link.sva.edu/2Fkg0ZH about 4 hours ago
- When Will Ralph Eugene Meatyard Get the Retrospective He Deserves? via @Hyperallergic https://t.co/QASA1bo6wa about 5 hours ago
- Atlanta’s Civil War Monument, Minus the Pro-Confederate Bunkum https://t.co/8gyGATSiyk about 6 hours ago
- A 7-Hour, 6-Mile, Round-the-Museum Tour of the Prado in Madrid. https://t.co/TuQTtaavgK about 7 hours ago
- This Exhibit Gives Visitors the Experience of Stepping Inside Van Gogh’s Paintings https://t.co/9G1vxIwpVX about 8 hours ago
- Barbara Hammer, Pioneering Queer Experimental Filmmaker, Is Dead at 79 https://t.co/4tIhQHcMMF about 10 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org