- Alumnus Julieta Aranda (BFA 2000 Film and Video) is the first artist to be featured in the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum‘s new contemporary art series, Intervals, which presents solo exhibitions by emerging artists. In this exhibition, Aranda exposes the subjective experience of time, with pieces such as an oversized clock divided into 10 hours. Click here to read Flavorwire‘s interview with Aranda about the show and her time at SVA .
- Artist and alumnus Alexis Rockman (BFA 1985 Fine Arts) was just featured in Boise Weekly. Rockman, known for his paintings depicting the precarious relationship between culture and natural history, gives a lecture at Boise State College on Thursday, April 30. The college is organizing an outreach program around the event, asking local junior and high school art students to submit works for a competition “imagining the future of nature and the earth’s ecology.”
- Canada’s National Post recently interviewed alumnus Jen Miller (BFA 1994 Fine Arts), better known as performance artist and writer Reverend Jen. The article delves into Miller’s past work, life on the Lower East Side and her new book Live Nude Elf (Soft Skull, 2009).
- Sketchbook Vol. 1 Provides an Intimate Look into the Minds of Fourteen Contemporary Artists https://t.co/JLXVIF47sU about 4 hours ago
- Patti Smith’s Talismanic Photos from the Home of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera https://t.co/ljVeeDi2aZ about 5 hours ago
- Blue Note Launches Limited Edition Wall Art Series Of Classic Album Designs https://t.co/vJfiZzJrvS about 6 hours ago
- To Save the Sound of a Stradivarius, a Whole City Must Keep Quiet https://t.co/UQKRoTX5wI about 7 hours ago
- How The Scream became the ultimate image for our political age https://t.co/EdvLXiuUiB about 8 hours ago
- Download Vincent van Gogh’s Collection of 500 Japanese Prints, Which Inspired Him to Create “the Art of the Future” https://t.co/hht57WWou8 about 9 hours ago
- Native Hawaiians Deconstruct the Misleading Narrative of Hawaii as Paradise https://t.co/Pwo3SclSbx about 10 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]