- Alumnus Julieta Aranda (BFA 2000 Film and Video) is the first artist to be featured in the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum‘s new contemporary art series, Intervals, which presents solo exhibitions by emerging artists. In this exhibition, Aranda exposes the subjective experience of time, with pieces such as an oversized clock divided into 10 hours. Click here to read Flavorwire‘s interview with Aranda about the show and her time at SVA .
- Artist and alumnus Alexis Rockman (BFA 1985 Fine Arts) was just featured in Boise Weekly. Rockman, known for his paintings depicting the precarious relationship between culture and natural history, gives a lecture at Boise State College on Thursday, April 30. The college is organizing an outreach program around the event, asking local junior and high school art students to submit works for a competition “imagining the future of nature and the earth’s ecology.”
- Canada’s National Post recently interviewed alumnus Jen Miller (BFA 1994 Fine Arts), better known as performance artist and writer Reverend Jen. The article delves into Miller’s past work, life on the Lower East Side and her new book Live Nude Elf (Soft Skull, 2009).
- @TheRichardLewis ❤️❤️❤️ about 1 hour ago in reply to TheRichardLewis
- RT @TheRichardLewis: Collage by the late, Carl Nicholas Titolo. His angelic widow, Angela found it. It was like a thank you to his pal/ pat… about 1 hour ago
- The Undersung Art of Native American Women, Front and Center https://t.co/lZtcemKVqP about 4 hours ago
- Voices @ #SVA: BFA Advertising Student Jaewoo Park https://t.co/T77MfDjTRG about 4 hours ago
- These are the most startling photos from the world of science this year https://t.co/rN6tql4JCE about 5 hours ago
- Preview 11 of Burning Man’s Most-Anticipated Artworks https://t.co/M2md6vYNtX about 6 hours ago
- RT @typedirectors: See #TDC65 award-winning work @TypeCon Aug 30-Sept 1 and at PJATK Warsaw thru Sept 30. Congratulations to @ErikCampay ,… about 6 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com