- Marvel editor in chief Joe Quesada (BFA Illustration 1984) was profiled by the London Times Online. Quesada talks about his time in the BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department with courses taught by Will Eisner and Harvey Kurtzman, as well as his work at Marvel and on the Spider-man comics.
- The St. Charles Herald Guide and The Times Picaynne reported on current BFA Film, Video and Animation Department student Danny Walton‘s production of his thesis project. Walton wanted to shoot scenes for the film Acting Your Age in his hometown, so he and his crew made the journey from New York to New Orleans. Acting Your Age focuses on the family life of a teenage girl, her father and her Iraq War-veteran brother.
- Satre Stuelke, a former faculty member in the MFA Computer Art Department, is the subject of a recent feature in The New York Times. Stuelke uses a CT scanner to produce images of everyday objects, such as children’s toys, iPhones and Big Macs, hoping to inspire the viewer to contemplate how things are constructed. View a slide show of images from Stuelke’s CT scans.
- RT @heyjenbartel: Signing at the Image booth in 20! See you there 💖 https://t.co/58PR3MUgP9 about 7 hours ago
- How railway art got a new platform https://t.co/tMHezvcuMO about 7 hours ago
- .@TheAdvocateMag on MA Design Research (@DCrit) faculty member Rob Walker's book, "The Art of Noticing" https://t.co/8klzyH0asG about 8 hours ago
- RT @svaixd: So proud of our department chair @bobulate for being named Vice President, Design @NPR! A model of excellence, both in the ivor… about 9 hours ago
- RT @SVACarDev: Hey #SVA MFA students and recent grads! Here's an opportunity to be published with @createmagazine_ https://t.co/mualPSAM1Y about 9 hours ago
- RT @artwritingSVA: "The installations themselves are spare; the amount of ideas is plethora." Editor in Chief and alumna Jessica Holmes rev… about 9 hours ago
- RT @svaartpractice: Ezra Hubbard (AP '19) at Van Der Plas Gallery https://t.co/cV0U0VCQUE about 9 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com