- LAST CHANCE: “Face Time,” a photography, video and painting exhibition that features work by students and recent graduates exploring contemporary approaches to portraiture, curated by Richard Brooks. SVA Gallery, 209 East 23rd Street, through Saturday, January 24.
- “Heterotopia,” a thesis exhibition by students in the MFA Fine Arts Department, curated by Summer Guthery, Lumi Tan and Nicholas Weist. Visual Arts Gallery, 601 West 26th Street, 15th floor, through Saturday, January 31.
- “know sense,” an exhibition of work by students and recent graduates contrasting the conceptual and contemplative with the ironic and absurd, curated by Richard Brooks. Westside Gallery, 133/141 West 21st Street, through Saturday, February 7.
- “Process and Presence,” an exhibition of prints, video and painting by current students that examines the boundaries between representation and abstraction, curated by Richard Brooks. SVA Gallery, 209 East 23rd Street. January 31 – February 14; Reception: Monday, February 2, 5 – 7pm.
- “Self-Portrait,” an exhibition of work by students in the MPS Art Therapy Department and the clients with whom they work at their internship sites. Westside Gallery, 133/141 West 21st Street, February 14 – March 21; Reception: Wednesday, March 4, 5 – 7pm.
Click here for more information about SVA exhibitions.
Image: Christina Sucgang, Buddy, 2008; from “Heterotopia.”