- Alumnus Zach Cregger (BFA 2004 Computer Art) is highlighted in this week’s Page Six Magazine surrounding the success of his sketch comedy group The Whitest Kids U’Know. The group, which also features fellow alumni Trevor Moore (BFA 2003 Film and Video) and Sam Brown (BFA 2004 Film and Video), recently appeared for an interview on the PIX 11 Morning News show to promote the third season of their self-titled TV show on IFC. See a previous post on The Whitest Kids U’Know here.
- The MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department made a prominent appearance in Wallpaper* magazine’s Graduate Directory in Photography. The directory featured current student Christopher Kim and alumnus Alejandra Laviada (MFA 2007 Photography, Video and Related Media). Laviada, whose work blends the genres of sculpture and photography, was also chosen by American Photo as one of its 13 Emerging Artists of 2008.
- This Exhibit Gives Visitors the Experience of Stepping Inside Van Gogh’s Paintings https://t.co/9G1vxIwpVX about 12 minutes ago
- Barbara Hammer, Pioneering Queer Experimental Filmmaker, Dead at 79 https://t.co/4tIhQHcMMF about 1 hour ago
- Per @DorianSinnott, comics legend #JoeSinnott, has retired after 69 years of working for @Marvel at the age of 92.… https://t.co/m8MSkEHkz4 about 1 hour ago
- RT @SVALibrary: Learn how to edit Wikipedia at our @artandfeminism Edit-a-thon this Thursday, March 21st, and help add to the body of knowl… about 1 hour ago
- RT @SVALibrary: We've just begun trial access to Films on Demand, a streaming video platform with over 30,000 educational films, documentar… about 1 hour ago
- RT @monicabooks: Today DEAR BALLERINA pirouettes out into the world! (With my dancing daughter Lydia! @nycballet) @HolidayHouseBks #bookbir… about 1 hour ago
- RT @yukoart: Isn't it magical we all equally have 12 hours of day and night pretty much everywhere around the world? Today should be called… about 1 hour ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org