The beginning of a new year is a popular time to make resolutions for self-improvement. Alumni Linda Artemchuk and Melissa Utreras (both BFA 2005 Advertising) have a new project dedicated to helping people stay on track with one particularly difficult pledge—to quit smoking.
Make 2009 Your Time to Quit is a multimedia smoking-cessation campaign that invites smokers to visit mytimetoquit.com/2009 and post a photo of themselves along with a commitment to quit. The images are then sent to a system that posts them on the giant Reuters and NASDAQ billboard screens in Manhattan’s Times Square, turning that personal resolution into a very public pledge (the site also includes tips for quitting and galleries of all posted images). Artemchuck and Utreras created the Make 2009 Your Time to Quit project as part of their work for the Digitas NY agency, and it will be running in Times Square until Saturday, January 31.
Image: Make 2009 Your Time to Quit on the Reuters building in Times Square.
- This Exhibit Gives Visitors the Experience of Stepping Inside Van Gogh’s Paintings https://t.co/9G1vxIwpVX about 13 minutes ago
- Barbara Hammer, Pioneering Queer Experimental Filmmaker, Dead at 79 https://t.co/4tIhQHcMMF about 1 hour ago
- Per @DorianSinnott, comics legend #JoeSinnott, has retired after 69 years of working for @Marvel at the age of 92.… https://t.co/m8MSkEHkz4 about 1 hour ago
- RT @SVALibrary: Learn how to edit Wikipedia at our @artandfeminism Edit-a-thon this Thursday, March 21st, and help add to the body of knowl… about 1 hour ago
- RT @SVALibrary: We've just begun trial access to Films on Demand, a streaming video platform with over 30,000 educational films, documentar… about 1 hour ago
- RT @monicabooks: Today DEAR BALLERINA pirouettes out into the world! (With my dancing daughter Lydia! @nycballet) @HolidayHouseBks #bookbir… about 1 hour ago
- RT @yukoart: Isn't it magical we all equally have 12 hours of day and night pretty much everywhere around the world? Today should be called… about 1 hour ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org