The beginning of a new year is a popular time to make resolutions for self-improvement. Alumni Linda Artemchuk and Melissa Utreras (both BFA 2005 Advertising) have a new project dedicated to helping people stay on track with one particularly difficult pledge—to quit smoking.
Make 2009 Your Time to Quit is a multimedia smoking-cessation campaign that invites smokers to visit mytimetoquit.com/2009 and post a photo of themselves along with a commitment to quit. The images are then sent to a system that posts them on the giant Reuters and NASDAQ billboard screens in Manhattan’s Times Square, turning that personal resolution into a very public pledge (the site also includes tips for quitting and galleries of all posted images). Artemchuck and Utreras created the Make 2009 Your Time to Quit project as part of their work for the Digitas NY agency, and it will be running in Times Square until Saturday, January 31.
Image: Make 2009 Your Time to Quit on the Reuters building in Times Square.
- The Original Shark from ‘Jaws’ is Being Restored By Greg Nicotero and His Team! https://t.co/MCXSMxlJyr about 2 hours ago
- Via @QZ's @quartzatwork: #MiltonGlaser is spending his 90th birthday doing what he loves most: working https://t.co/O9Lk44ArIU about 2 hours ago
- RT @ToddRadom: Today is Milton Glaser’s 90th birthday. I’ve been lucky to have been able to occasionally interact with him over the years.… about 2 hours ago
- RT @SVA_MFACA: Faculty member @bentoncbainbrid's video self portrait! https://t.co/TNIugGn5vE about 2 hours ago
- RT @SVALibrary: The library will close at 1pm next Wednesday, July 3rd, and remain closed through the weekend for Independence Day. We'll r… about 2 hours ago
- Atmospheric Oil Paintings Capture the Stunning Beauty of Billowing Clouds https://t.co/sKYqxWUqoC about 3 hours ago
- Mysterious glowing light on Mars captured by Nasa's Curiosity probe https://t.co/tkSOduX8kT about 4 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com