As winter arrives at SVA, BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department faculty member Marco Ruesta and students in his Motion Graphics Essentials, C4D and After Effects course are getting in on the cold-weather fun. For an assignment from lifestyle magazine Complex, the class took photographs from its snowboarding feature article “Powder Limits” and transformed the still images into animated videos.
The five resulting motion graphics videos—created by Andrei Dan, Jordana Ferraro, Ryan Gottilla, Aleksander Ivanov, Honkit Lam, Brandon Lori, Edwin Lozano, Nak Kyu Oh, Hyun Jung Ra and Andy Rifken—have been posted on the Complex Web site, and readers are invited to cast votes for their favorites (click here). The video that garners the most votes will become the “official” version that runs alongside the “Powder Limits” article, and the creators of the winning work will be hired by Complex for a job in 2009.
Image: Brandon Lori, Edwin Lozano and Andy Rifken, still from “Powder Limits” video (detail), 2008.
- Meet 8 Indigenous Beaders Who Are Modernizing Their Craft https://t.co/hJcSwz5DhT about 9 hours ago
- This #KeithHaring x @PlannedParenthood (@PPFA) Collab Is Like an OB/GYN Office On Wheels https://t.co/a2v6QD51l1 https://t.co/gS6WX6BUH3 about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinued: Disappearing New York, Captured in Vintage Photos https://t.co/nfru59HgYQ https://t.co/xI6SRIiOs7 about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: Due to the success of her first reFashion pop-up event at Storm King school on April 6th, DSI student Pratiksha Rathi was invit… about 10 hours ago
- .@AOC gave a shout out to @SVANYCalumni and photographer #CollierSchorr for getting her skin tone right on the… https://t.co/VX3b3SWuha about 11 hours ago
- RT @DecentFilms: If you’re in NYC, Robert Orlando is presenting his new documentary about Pope John Paul II, Ronald Reagan and the Cold War… about 11 hours ago
- RT @chochinov: This. https://t.co/7fuAJl2ejR about 11 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org