As winter arrives at SVA, BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department faculty member Marco Ruesta and students in his Motion Graphics Essentials, C4D and After Effects course are getting in on the cold-weather fun. For an assignment from lifestyle magazine Complex, the class took photographs from its snowboarding feature article “Powder Limits” and transformed the still images into animated videos.
The five resulting motion graphics videos—created by Andrei Dan, Jordana Ferraro, Ryan Gottilla, Aleksander Ivanov, Honkit Lam, Brandon Lori, Edwin Lozano, Nak Kyu Oh, Hyun Jung Ra and Andy Rifken—have been posted on the Complex Web site, and readers are invited to cast votes for their favorites (click here). The video that garners the most votes will become the “official” version that runs alongside the “Powder Limits” article, and the creators of the winning work will be hired by Complex for a job in 2009.
Image: Brandon Lori, Edwin Lozano and Andy Rifken, still from “Powder Limits” video (detail), 2008.
- RT @NotifyNYC: Due to a water condition, expect traffic delays near 7th Avenue & 14th Street, MN. Water service in the vicinity has been te… about 37 minutes ago
- Learn Product Design and Traditional Craft in Japan with SVA Destinations https://t.co/kJP9zp3VZ1 about 8 hours ago
- RT @ScriptFeed: Want to tell great stories that make an impact? Our friends at SVA's Documentary MFA SVASocDoc teach the skills to evolve t… about 8 hours ago
- ICYMI: Milton Glaser isn't thrilled with the Amazon-ed version of his iconic 'I Love NY' logo.… https://t.co/QWnUin8wgu about 8 hours ago
- RT @SVACarDev: Hey #SVA apply for the Diversity Fellowship Program with @ArtTable by March 1st. #diversityfellowship #studentsuccess https:… about 8 hours ago
- [email protected] interviews @SVABFAPHOTO alum Sinjun Strom https://t.co/DraGwqMtmR https://t.co/m3QdaS5RwD about 14 hours ago
- RT @heyjenbartel: My cover for Marvel Tales: THANOS 🌈🌟 Available at your LCS in April! https://t.co/u7WgPhOtn0 about 16 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]