As winter arrives at SVA, BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department faculty member Marco Ruesta and students in his Motion Graphics Essentials, C4D and After Effects course are getting in on the cold-weather fun. For an assignment from lifestyle magazine Complex, the class took photographs from its snowboarding feature article “Powder Limits” and transformed the still images into animated videos.
The five resulting motion graphics videos—created by Andrei Dan, Jordana Ferraro, Ryan Gottilla, Aleksander Ivanov, Honkit Lam, Brandon Lori, Edwin Lozano, Nak Kyu Oh, Hyun Jung Ra and Andy Rifken—have been posted on the Complex Web site, and readers are invited to cast votes for their favorites (click here). The video that garners the most votes will become the “official” version that runs alongside the “Powder Limits” article, and the creators of the winning work will be hired by Complex for a job in 2009.
Image: Brandon Lori, Edwin Lozano and Andy Rifken, still from “Powder Limits” video (detail), 2008.
- See How a Massive Burning Man Sculpture Comes to Life https://t.co/rmjWW3IqzS about 15 hours ago
- 7 New Museums Worth Planning Trips Around https://t.co/43LPvaFjVy about 16 hours ago
- 6 Films Inspired By Famous Photographs, from “Moonlight” to “Her” https://t.co/BPoTv8FJZi https://t.co/Yd9KlcbtbC about 17 hours ago
- Found: All the happy little Bob Ross paintings https://t.co/eDmBe3xHkk about 18 hours ago
- #Banksy voted the UK's favorite artist ever in new poll https://t.co/QqPchy87mG about 19 hours ago
- A Big Bob Ross Exhibit Will Open in September https://t.co/2aowtunggj about 20 hours ago
- 50 years ago, @NASA’s #Apollo11 mission defied gravity and put humans on the moon for the first time. Image from… https://t.co/JS3HxZPb0b about 21 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org