When alumnus Rich Watson (BFA 1994 Illustration) decided to pack up his New York City apartment and move west to Columbus, Ohio, he documented the relocation in an online comic strip, City Mouse Goes West. Now settled, the strip continues as a way for Watson to express his experience adjusting to his new home. The weekly Web comic is a text-driven look at events in Watson’s life—including his response to political events and dealings with local public transportation—along with journal-like entries below the panel. Click here to read the latest comic and browse the City Mouse archives.
In other cartooning news, Swallow Me Whole (Top Shelf, 2008) by Nate Powell (BFA 2000 Cartooning) is this year’s recipient of the Ignatz Award for Outstanding Debut. The awards, which are named for a character in George Herriman’s classic comic strip Krazy Kat, recognize outstanding achievement in comics and cartooning.
- The Six Most Common Mistakes Artists Make When Approaching Galleries – according to RedDot Blog… https://t.co/otvJJmFrR0 about 9 hours ago
- Studio Visit: @AmericanIllust/AP visits BFA Illustration faculty member @RiccardoVecchio (MFA 1996 Illustration as… https://t.co/AKvgyldEmu about 10 hours ago
- The People in Limousines: @TheGuardian talks with @katshorr (BFA 1988 Photography) about how driving limousines in… https://t.co/Kh8klFt8RY about 10 hours ago
- Thousands of people on Reddit are enjoying a 'paintception' craze, showcasing a painting within a painting within a… https://t.co/Eq5TtlRloF about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVADigitalPhoto: Watch: Laura Barisonzi sports & fitness photographer whose images combine high-energy visuals with natural beauty & ge… about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Moving Up with Printmaking: How Screen-Printing Boosted Tony Peralta Toward His Brand https://t.co/jyKRdogeU3 #SVACEst… about 11 hours ago
- RT @katshorr: Thank you @WomenInTheArts !! #photography #driving #limousine #womendriving #Brooklyn #newyorkcity @GothamLimousine @Limou… about 11 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]