A pair of not-to-miss photography events is coming to the SVA campus in the latter half of November. First, the Camera Club of New York (CCNY) presents a talk by Larry Fink. During his 40-year career as a photographer, curator and former SVA faculty member, Fink has shown widely, including exhibitions at the Museum of Modern Art and the Whitney Museum of American Art, and his work has appeared in major newspapers and magazines such as GQ, The New Yorker and Vanity Fair. Fink will talk about his work on Thursday, November 20, 7pm, at 209 East 23rd Street, 3rd-floor amphitheater. This event is free to CCNY members, SVA students, faculty and staff; general admission is $10; $5 for other students with ID.
The following day, the MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department will hold its annual Fall Salon. The event is an informal opportunity to view students’ works in progress and meet the artists. The Salon takes place on Friday, November 21, 7 – 9pm, at 214 East 21st Street, 1st floor. This event is free and open to the public.
- 'The Addams Family' Is Getting An Animated Makeover After 28 Years, And Releasing This Halloween! https://t.co/y9Ov1HnxDP about 6 hours ago
- Huge rare 'Elephant Queen' captured on camera https://t.co/Ae5dkKMhJK about 7 hours ago
- Meet the man who makes cameras out of everything https://t.co/GUBL2FNNpp about 8 hours ago
- Fake Model Wearing Ridiculous Outfits Tricks Fashion Week Photographers https://t.co/PfI5Dpre2k about 10 hours ago
- This floating house is climate apocalypse-ready via @FastCompany https://t.co/bPhrA3LZvv about 11 hours ago
- How #DavidFincher and Tim Miller's 'Heavy Metal' Reboot Became Netflix's Animated #LoveDeathAndRobots https://t.co/j41dEmo6z6 about 12 hours ago
- Lego's Steamboat Willie Tribute Is Black And White And Perfect https://t.co/5AiDq8b2nI about 13 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org