A pair of not-to-miss photography events is coming to the SVA campus in the latter half of November. First, the Camera Club of New York (CCNY) presents a talk by Larry Fink. During his 40-year career as a photographer, curator and former SVA faculty member, Fink has shown widely, including exhibitions at the Museum of Modern Art and the Whitney Museum of American Art, and his work has appeared in major newspapers and magazines such as GQ, The New Yorker and Vanity Fair. Fink will talk about his work on Thursday, November 20, 7pm, at 209 East 23rd Street, 3rd-floor amphitheater. This event is free to CCNY members, SVA students, faculty and staff; general admission is $10; $5 for other students with ID.
The following day, the MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department will hold its annual Fall Salon. The event is an informal opportunity to view students’ works in progress and meet the artists. The Salon takes place on Friday, November 21, 7 – 9pm, at 214 East 21st Street, 1st floor. This event is free and open to the public.
- The Boom in Pop-Up Galleries Is Only Just Getting Started https://t.co/X3BAU7NPdE about 34 minutes ago
- This Could Become One of the Most Expensive Monet Paintings Ever Sold https://t.co/jm81NRgROl about 1 hour ago
- Guy Spends 6 Months Recreating A Van Gogh Painting Using Plants In A 1.2-Acre Field https://t.co/HPG1b4GfSD about 2 hours ago
- Artist Encases Incredibly Detailed Miniature Worlds Inside Antique Pocket Watches https://t.co/zhiASUwdF8 about 3 hours ago
- Van Gogh paintings coming to Columbia https://t.co/fj5yn4nywA about 4 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinued: What if? For #TypeTuesday and #WomensHistoryMonth, here’s neon art by Yael Bartana, ‘What if Women Ruled the World’. 👩🎨… about 4 hours ago
- RT @svadirecting: One First-Time Fimmaker’s Quest: Move to a New Country and Stay There Until You’ve Made a Film (Interview with @sconvey b… about 4 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org