The work of some SVA alumni is showing up in two big movies on the fall slate of feature films. Alumnus Jeff Joe (MFA 1997 Computer Art) is one of the animators behind the new hit movie Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa. The film is the sequel to the 2005 hit Madagascar, and employs the voice talents of Chris Rock, David Schwimmer, Ben Stiller and others to tell the story of animals who have escaped from New York City’s Central Park Zoo and end up in the African wilderness. Escape 2 Africa is currently showing in theaters.
Just after the Thanksgiving holiday, the award-winning cinematography of Harris Savides (BFA 1982 Film and Video) will be back on the big screen in Milk, a biopic of politician Harvey Milk that opens on Friday, December 5. Directed by Savides’ long-time filmmaking partner Gus Van Sant, Milk tells the story of California’s first openly gay elected official, with Sean Penn taking on the title role.
- There’s a Pig Called “Pigasso” Who Paints With His Mouth https://t.co/3XpFCBG8zP about 3 hours ago
- Meet The Animation Team Behind The #Oscars-winning #SpiderVerse wghttps://link.sva.edu/2Fkg0ZH about 4 hours ago
- When Will Ralph Eugene Meatyard Get the Retrospective He Deserves? via @Hyperallergic https://t.co/QASA1bo6wa about 5 hours ago
- Atlanta’s Civil War Monument, Minus the Pro-Confederate Bunkum https://t.co/8gyGATSiyk about 6 hours ago
- A 7-Hour, 6-Mile, Round-the-Museum Tour of the Prado in Madrid. https://t.co/TuQTtaavgK about 7 hours ago
- This Exhibit Gives Visitors the Experience of Stepping Inside Van Gogh’s Paintings https://t.co/9G1vxIwpVX about 8 hours ago
- Barbara Hammer, Pioneering Queer Experimental Filmmaker, Is Dead at 79 https://t.co/4tIhQHcMMF about 10 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org