Last month, the Institute of Jamaica presented its annual Musgrave Medals, which honor achievements in the fields of literature, art and science. At the awards ceremony in downtown Kingston, alumnus Howard Moo-Young (G 1967) received a silver Musgrave Medal for his contributions to the field of photography. The prestigious Jamaican prize was created over 100 years ago as a memorial to Sir Anthony Musgrave, former Governor of Jamaica who founded the Institute in 1879.
Another prize went to MAT Art Education Department faculty member Andrew J. Bencsko. He received a 2008 American Graphic Design Award for his layout work on the department’s most recent catalog, which features work created by students in his Technology in Art Education course. The award was given by Graphic Design USA, a monthly magazine aimed at graphic design professionals.
- RT @hyperallergic: “As a queer artist, I am interested in what comfort means, both in my practice and everyday life, and how to visualize i… about 3 minutes ago
- RT @tmasson: https://t.co/aQrKyqXpPN Don't miss @ViewConference 2019 this October! I promise you'll come away inspired on so many levels it… about 22 minutes ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: Sasha Prood MFAD '15 talks about her new book on @ABRAMSbooks @sva_news #visualarts #books #SVA #newbook #ABRAMS #alumna… about 41 minutes ago
- RT @alexgrantwright: How can interaction designers address “long view” problems like climate change, income equality, or biodiversity? Take… about 41 minutes ago
- RT @annaraffNYC: Hey NYC! Come meet a great group of illustrators from the Summer Residency Program at the School of Visual Arts this Thurs… about 41 minutes ago
- RT @thedailyheller: HAPPY 90th #BIRTHDAY, @MiltonGlaserInc. A milestone to be sure, but not just a chronological one. https://t.co/P53ayRBC… about 42 minutes ago
- "In the realm of art, you are in the business of goodwill and creating imagery, and ideas that unite people and mak… https://t.co/nwTh4tb7rM about 51 minutes ago in reply to SVA_News
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org