Last month, the Institute of Jamaica presented its annual Musgrave Medals, which honor achievements in the fields of literature, art and science. At the awards ceremony in downtown Kingston, alumnus Howard Moo-Young (G 1967) received a silver Musgrave Medal for his contributions to the field of photography. The prestigious Jamaican prize was created over 100 years ago as a memorial to Sir Anthony Musgrave, former Governor of Jamaica who founded the Institute in 1879.
Another prize went to MAT Art Education Department faculty member Andrew J. Bencsko. He received a 2008 American Graphic Design Award for his layout work on the department’s most recent catalog, which features work created by students in his Technology in Art Education course. The award was given by Graphic Design USA, a monthly magazine aimed at graphic design professionals.
- Richard Avedon’s Unique Photograph to be Featured at Christie’s Upcoming Auction https://t.co/0QFtcWjYzO about 12 hours ago
- RT @AndreaTsurumi: Sign up's open for this summer's SVA Illustration & Visual Storytelling Residency! https://t.co/FHYXj4bW9o Join @aaronme… about 12 hours ago
- Sàn Art is a gallery / program in Vietnam founded by #SVA alumnus Dinh Q Le https://t.co/0EeOw6545I https://t.co/JjzzkcgnsS about 13 hours ago
- Read #SVA faculty Amy Taubin on how Jonathan Demme put an uncompromisingly feminist spin on the crime procedural wi… https://t.co/LiRoWuVDwO about 14 hours ago
- RT @svaixd: "Thesis is due in only a few weeks!" —student @Glendacap in her final semester https://t.co/ESRh0CvTTu about 14 hours ago
- #SVAccepted 👏👏👏 Congrats @chulochanchito 💪💥 https://t.co/jFbS7bkriQ about 14 hours ago
- MFA Fine Arts alumnus David Mramor (aka Enid Ellen) featured in @AnotherMagazine for his activism… https://t.co/Sk0Ag2nBnA about 14 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com