Two seniors in the BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department, Victoria Abrami and Krzysztof Piatkowski, are bringing a class project to the streets of New York. Hope: Give Yours features a bright yellow box that is popping up around the city, with a request that people write down their hopes and deposit them. The contributions will be used as part of work that the students are doing at local homeless shelters and soup kitchens. They’re being mentored in this project by faculty member and alumnus Lara McCormick (MFA 2007 Design), who has also applied her design skills to community service-oriented projects.
According to the artists, offering hope to those in need is important because, “there are a vast number of resources in New York City for those seeking food and shelter, [but] love and motivation are hard to come by.” The next scheduled Hope location is Lower Manhattan’s Foley Square, located between Centre and Lafayette Streets, on Friday, November 14, from 12 noon – 5pm. In addition, submissions of text, photography, video or other media can be sent online at any time to email@example.com.
- 'The Addams Family' Is Getting An Animated Makeover After 28 Years, And Releasing This Halloween! https://t.co/y9Ov1HnxDP about 6 hours ago
- Huge rare 'Elephant Queen' captured on camera https://t.co/Ae5dkKMhJK about 7 hours ago
- Meet the man who makes cameras out of everything https://t.co/GUBL2FNNpp about 8 hours ago
- Fake Model Wearing Ridiculous Outfits Tricks Fashion Week Photographers https://t.co/PfI5Dpre2k about 9 hours ago
- This floating house is climate apocalypse-ready via @FastCompany https://t.co/bPhrA3LZvv about 11 hours ago
- How #DavidFincher and Tim Miller's 'Heavy Metal' Reboot Became Netflix's Animated #LoveDeathAndRobots https://t.co/j41dEmo6z6 about 12 hours ago
- Lego's Steamboat Willie Tribute Is Black And White And Perfect https://t.co/5AiDq8b2nI about 13 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org