Dillon McCarthy, a third-year student in the BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects Department, recently wrapped up his participation in MTV’s Engine Room Challenge. MTV and Hewlett-Packard brought together four teams of digital artists from around the world to New York City to compete in a series of creative challenges. McCarthy was one of four members of team North America, which went up against teams from Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. The teams worked their way through various tasks, including making a digital mash-up of multiple pop songs and designing an original tattoo. The results of each week’s challenges were posted online as they happened.
After seven weeks and seven challenges, the points have been tallied and McCarthy’s North America team earned a third-place finish. To see his portfolio and all seven episodes of Engine Room Challenge online, visit mtvengineroom.com.
- Richard Avedon’s Unique Photograph to be Featured at Christie’s Upcoming Auction https://t.co/0QFtcWjYzO about 12 hours ago
- RT @AndreaTsurumi: Sign up's open for this summer's SVA Illustration & Visual Storytelling Residency! https://t.co/FHYXj4bW9o Join @aaronme… about 12 hours ago
- Sàn Art is a gallery / program in Vietnam founded by #SVA alumnus Dinh Q Le https://t.co/0EeOw6545I https://t.co/JjzzkcgnsS about 13 hours ago
- Read #SVA faculty Amy Taubin on how Jonathan Demme put an uncompromisingly feminist spin on the crime procedural wi… https://t.co/LiRoWuVDwO about 14 hours ago
- RT @svaixd: "Thesis is due in only a few weeks!" —student @Glendacap in her final semester https://t.co/ESRh0CvTTu about 14 hours ago
- #SVAccepted 👏👏👏 Congrats @chulochanchito 💪💥 https://t.co/jFbS7bkriQ about 14 hours ago
- MFA Fine Arts alumnus David Mramor (aka Enid Ellen) featured in @AnotherMagazine for his activism… https://t.co/Sk0Ag2nBnA about 14 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com