Dillon McCarthy, a third-year student in the BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects Department, recently wrapped up his participation in MTV’s Engine Room Challenge. MTV and Hewlett-Packard brought together four teams of digital artists from around the world to New York City to compete in a series of creative challenges. McCarthy was one of four members of team North America, which went up against teams from Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. The teams worked their way through various tasks, including making a digital mash-up of multiple pop songs and designing an original tattoo. The results of each week’s challenges were posted online as they happened.
After seven weeks and seven challenges, the points have been tallied and McCarthy’s North America team earned a third-place finish. To see his portfolio and all seven episodes of Engine Room Challenge online, visit mtvengineroom.com.
- After a day of mourning the loss of a masterpiece, an Italian mayor reveals it was all a trick. https://t.co/anpwcI4wHD about 14 hours ago
- RT @svadirecting: The Art of Action: How to Shoot Great Stunt Scenes for Indie Filmmakers (via @FilmIndependant) https://t.co/l9WACdjLh8 about 15 hours ago
- How Mark Rothko's Paintings Can Inspire Your Photography https://t.co/5AbUjjtg7i about 15 hours ago
- RT @AICA_USA: AICA-USA board member Amei Wallach will discuss her work at The School of Visual Arts next Thursday! https://t.co/wc1TOtQuQB… about 15 hours ago
- RT @SVA_MFACA: 2017 Alumna Sylvia Chen felting at @blueskystudios! https://t.co/PwvNMZ9QIX about 15 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: First year MFA Design students studio visit: Juan Diego Soto at FCB @jdsotony https://t.co/naanqBqaAr @SVA_News @svanyca… about 15 hours ago
- "Turning absolute normalcy into a scene full of intrigue." @ItsNiceThat features @SVABFAPHOTO alum Tim Schutsky (2… https://t.co/kM2THlDQ4n about 16 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com