Dillon McCarthy, a third-year student in the BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects Department, recently wrapped up his participation in MTV’s Engine Room Challenge. MTV and Hewlett-Packard brought together four teams of digital artists from around the world to New York City to compete in a series of creative challenges. McCarthy was one of four members of team North America, which went up against teams from Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. The teams worked their way through various tasks, including making a digital mash-up of multiple pop songs and designing an original tattoo. The results of each week’s challenges were posted online as they happened.
After seven weeks and seven challenges, the points have been tallied and McCarthy’s North America team earned a third-place finish. To see his portfolio and all seven episodes of Engine Room Challenge online, visit mtvengineroom.com.
- Photographer Explores the Quiet Beauty of Venice at Night https://t.co/BLDOZZHOGQ about 4 minutes ago
- RT @hyperallergic: “As a queer artist, I am interested in what comfort means, both in my practice and everyday life, and how to visualize i… about 8 minutes ago
- RT @tmasson: https://t.co/aQrKyqXpPN Don't miss @ViewConference 2019 this October! I promise you'll come away inspired on so many levels it… about 27 minutes ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: Sasha Prood MFAD '15 talks about her new book on @ABRAMSbooks @sva_news #visualarts #books #SVA #newbook #ABRAMS #alumna… about 46 minutes ago
- RT @alexgrantwright: How can interaction designers address “long view” problems like climate change, income equality, or biodiversity? Take… about 47 minutes ago
- RT @annaraffNYC: Hey NYC! Come meet a great group of illustrators from the Summer Residency Program at the School of Visual Arts this Thurs… about 47 minutes ago
- RT @thedailyheller: HAPPY 90th #BIRTHDAY, @MiltonGlaserInc. A milestone to be sure, but not just a chronological one. https://t.co/P53ayRBC… about 48 minutes ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org