After last year’s successful lecture series at KGB Bar, the MFA Design Criticism Department has a full slate of talks on the SVA campus. Two of the lectures are set to take place in the next couple of weeks: Allan Chochinov, a frequent lecturer on the impact of design on contemporary culture, will give a talk on Tuesday, November 25, entitled Design and the Blog Space. Chochinov is a partner of Core77, a New York-based design network serving a global community of designers and design enthusiasts; editor-in-chief of Core77.com, a widely-read Web site focusing on product design; and an SVA faculty member.
On Tuesday, December 2, the department presents Writing Critical Monographs, featuring educator and critic Pat Kirkham. Kirkham has written extensively on the intersections of design, gender and film and is a professor of design history and cultural studies at the Bard Graduate Center in New York. Both events take place at 6pm at 136 West 21st Street, 2nd floor. The lectures are free and open to the public, but seating is limited at this venue so please RSVP to 212.592.2228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Boom in Pop-Up Galleries Is Only Just Getting Started https://t.co/X3BAU7NPdE about 41 minutes ago
- This Could Become One of the Most Expensive Monet Paintings Ever Sold https://t.co/jm81NRgROl about 1 hour ago
- Guy Spends 6 Months Recreating A Van Gogh Painting Using Plants In A 1.2-Acre Field https://t.co/HPG1b4GfSD about 2 hours ago
- Artist Encases Incredibly Detailed Miniature Worlds Inside Antique Pocket Watches https://t.co/zhiASUwdF8 about 3 hours ago
- Van Gogh paintings coming to Columbia https://t.co/fj5yn4nywA about 4 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinued: What if? For #TypeTuesday and #WomensHistoryMonth, here’s neon art by Yael Bartana, ‘What if Women Ruled the World’. 👩🎨… about 4 hours ago
- RT @svadirecting: One First-Time Fimmaker’s Quest: Move to a New Country and Stay There Until You’ve Made a Film (Interview with @sconvey b… about 4 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com