After last year’s successful lecture series at KGB Bar, the MFA Design Criticism Department has a full slate of talks on the SVA campus. Two of the lectures are set to take place in the next couple of weeks: Allan Chochinov, a frequent lecturer on the impact of design on contemporary culture, will give a talk on Tuesday, November 25, entitled Design and the Blog Space. Chochinov is a partner of Core77, a New York-based design network serving a global community of designers and design enthusiasts; editor-in-chief of Core77.com, a widely-read Web site focusing on product design; and an SVA faculty member.
On Tuesday, December 2, the department presents Writing Critical Monographs, featuring educator and critic Pat Kirkham. Kirkham has written extensively on the intersections of design, gender and film and is a professor of design history and cultural studies at the Bard Graduate Center in New York. Both events take place at 6pm at 136 West 21st Street, 2nd floor. The lectures are free and open to the public, but seating is limited at this venue so please RSVP to 212.592.2228 or email@example.com.
- There’s a Pig Called “Pigasso” Who Paints With His Mouth https://t.co/3XpFCBG8zP about 3 hours ago
- Meet The Animation Team Behind The #Oscars-winning #SpiderVerse wghttps://link.sva.edu/2Fkg0ZH about 4 hours ago
- When Will Ralph Eugene Meatyard Get the Retrospective He Deserves? via @Hyperallergic https://t.co/QASA1bo6wa about 5 hours ago
- Atlanta’s Civil War Monument, Minus the Pro-Confederate Bunkum https://t.co/8gyGATSiyk about 6 hours ago
- A 7-Hour, 6-Mile, Round-the-Museum Tour of the Prado in Madrid. https://t.co/TuQTtaavgK about 7 hours ago
- This Exhibit Gives Visitors the Experience of Stepping Inside Van Gogh’s Paintings https://t.co/9G1vxIwpVX about 8 hours ago
- Barbara Hammer, Pioneering Queer Experimental Filmmaker, Is Dead at 79 https://t.co/4tIhQHcMMF about 10 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org