- “Kings and Queens,” an exhibition exploring popular or revered figures, generally considered the “kings and queens” of their fields, with select works by third-year students in the BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department. Visual Arts Gallery, 601 West 26th Street, 15th floor, through Saturday, April 5.
- “These Are Nice,” an exhibition featuring work by students in the BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department; curated by Genevieve Williams. SVA Gallery, 209 East 23rd Street, through Tuesday, April 15.
- “Scaportion,” an exhibition examining scale and proportion, featuring artwork by third-year students in the BFA Interior Design Department. Westside Gallery,
133/141 West 21st Street, March 29 – April 15; Reception: Thursday, April 3, 5 – 7pm.
- BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department Spring Exhibition, an exhibition featuring ads, campaigns, designs and motion graphics by BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department students. The Art Directors Club, 106 West 29th Street, April 7 – 18; Reception: Wednesday, April 9, 6 – 8pm.
- “Mentors,” an exhibition of works by nearly 80 photography students inspired by their year-long mentorship with key figures in the arts community. Drawn from the ranks of New York City’s best-known photographers, curators, art directors, publishers, art dealers, critics and writers, SVA’s mentors are paired with students based upon their field of expertise and the student’s area of concentration. Visual Arts Gallery, 601 West 26 Street, 15th floor, April 11 – 26; Reception: Monday, April 14, 6 – 8pm.
- Foundation Drawing and Photography Exhibition: An exhibition showcasing selected works by students completing their first year of studies. SVA Gallery, 209 East 23rd Street and Westside Gallery, 133/141 West 21st Street (Drawing only). April 19 – 26; Reception at the SVA Gallery: Friday, April 18, 5 – 7pm.
- Horsepower: A 3D Design Exhibition: To create the works in this exhibition, BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department students interpreted a world without oil by using the horse-drawn carriage of yesterday as a point of departure, reinventing it to take on the task of today’s energy-challenged world. Curated by 3D Design Chair Kevin O’Callaghan. The Art Directors Club, 16 West 29th Street, April 21 – 25; Reception: Tuesday, April 22, 6 – 8pm.
- BFA Interior Design Department Thesis Exhibition, an exhibition featuring thesis projects by BFA Interior Design Department students. The National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, April 22 – 28, Reception: Thursday, April 24, 5:30 – 7pm.
Click here for more information about SVA exhibitions.
Image: Jung Eun Lee, Give Peace a Chance, 2008; from “Kings and Queens.”