- Artists Talk on Art presents: Friday, April 27, in the Gene Stavis Theater, 209 East 23rd Street, 5th floor, artist Audrey Anastasi will lead a discussion with feminist art critic Cindy Nemser, who edited and published The Feminist Art Journal from 1972 to 1977 and authored Art Talk: Conversations with 15 Women Artists; and Friday, May 4, in the Amphitheater, 209 East 23rd Street, 3rd floor, a panel discussion featuring the Artists Talk on Art 2007 Curator’s Choice winners and juror of this year’s contest, Eitoku Sugimori. An exhibition of the winners’ work will on view at A-forest Gallery, 134 West 29th Street, Suite 1010. ATOA events take place at 7pm. Admission is free for SVA students, faculty, staff and ATOA members; $7 regular admission; $3 for SVA alumni, non-SVA students and seniors.
- MPS Art Therapy Department Thesis Presentations: Senior students from the MPS Art Therapy Department will present their thesis projects. Friday, April 27, 10am – 3pm, at the National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South. Free and open to the public, but please RSVP to 212.592.2610 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MFA Fine Arts Department Open Studios: Friday, April 27, 12 noon – 8pm; Saturday, April 28, 12 noon – 6pm. 133/141 West 21st Street, 8th and 9th floors. Free and open to the public.
- 18th Annual Dusty Film and Animation Festival and Awards: A showcase of over 100 films by students graduating from the BFA Film, Video and Animation Department. The program includes three days of screenings of short films, videos and animations; a screenwriters night, where professional actors read excerpts of screenplays by graduating seniors; and an awards ceremony and gala reception with notable presenters from the film industry. April 25 – 27: Screenings, Directors Guild Theater, 110 West 57th Street, 10am – 11pm; Monday, April 30: Awards Ceremony and Gala Reception, Awards Ceremony: Directors Guild Theater, 110 West 57th Street, 6:30pm, and Gala Reception: Le Parker Meridien Hotel, 118 West 57 Street, 8:30 – 10:30pm. All events are free and open to the public, except the awards and gala; contact 212.592.2124 for ticket info.
- BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department Open Studios: An open studios event and reception will be held on Tuesday, May 1, 6 – 8pm, at 310 East 22nd Street, 7th floor. Free and open to the public.
Visit www.sva.edu/events for more information on events at SVA.