- LAST CHANCE: “Blurring the Lines,” a four-part exhibition featuring works by BFA Graphic Design Department students, ranging from 2D to 3D, the tangible to the intangible, traditional to contemporary, classical to edgy, experimental to practical and commercial to fine arts. Kevin O’Callaghan curates “Disconnected,” Scott Ballum curates “The Senior Library: Tangible-Intangible,” Frank Young curates “Lies and Logos” and Jonathan Belkowitz & E. Genevieve Williams curate “2003 – 2007.” Visual Arts Gallery, 601 West 26th Street, 15th floor, through Saturday, November 18.
- LAST CHANCE: “the big picture,” a group exhibition of painting and photography by SVA students investigating current issues of perception and representation. Westside Gallery, 141 West 21st Street, through Wednesday, November 22.
- “The Masters Series: Jules Feiffer,” a retrospective exhibition honoring Jules Feiffer, one of America’s most prolific and influential political cartoonists and social satirists. The exhibition brings together early works on paper, cartoon strips, watercolors, posters from his film and stage productions, and book illustrations, including drawings from his new book, The Long Chalkboard and Other Stories. Visual Arts Museum, 209 East 23rd Street, through Saturday, December 2.
- The Truth of the Matter: An exhibition of work by current students and recent graduates, featuring a critique of the American suburban landscape and contemporary approaches to installation and performance art. Artists include Jee Hui Chang, Sung Hee Jang, Lara Star Martini and Ricky Sears. Curated by Richard Brooks, assistant director of student galleries. Westside Gallery, 141 West 21st Street, December 2, 2006 – January 6, 2007; Reception: Wednesday, December 6, 5 – 7pm.
- “Jack Endewelt: In Memoriam, 1935 – 2006,” an exhibition honoring the memory and body of work of illustrator Jack Endewelt, an SVA alumnus and former faculty member and department chair. SVA Gallery, 209 East 23rd Street, December 16, 2006 – January 20, 2007; Reception: Monday, December 18, 6 – 8pm.
Click here for more information about SVA exhibitions.
Image: Anatole Shaw, Untitled 4 (blue edges), 2006; from “the big picture.”