On September 29, Bruce Wands, chair of the MFA Computer Art Department, will give an artist talk at Harvestworks Digital Media Arts Center. Wands will discuss his project, Variations 703, an interactive music installation that engages viewers and allows them to control the music they hear by interacting with the sculpture. The installation was part of the SIGGRAPH 2003 Art Gallery and an earlier version was exhibited at the Museum het Toreke in Tienen, Belgium in 2001.
Harvestworks, located at 596 Broadway, Suite 602, is a nonprofit digital media arts center that provides resources for artists to learn digital tools and exhibit experimental work created with digital technologies. The artist talk with Wands is free and begins at 7pm. For more information visit Wand’s Web site.
- The 25 Works of Art That Define the Contemporary Age - An @NTimes piece featuring artist and #SVA faculty member Ly… https://t.co/crNeJVV4FB about 19 minutes ago
- #SVA and San Diego #ComicCon: 2019 Preview https://t.co/OmD7qAmOIy about 49 minutes ago
- RT @CA_DiPasquale: My son, here from Oregon for my @mfavn graduation, interacting with my #thesis installation with commentary on his homes… about 53 minutes ago
- RT @SVAOLT: Conceptual still-life photographer Mauricio Alejo talks imbuing everyday household items with a sense of the psychologically un… about 1 hour ago
- Rare @kaws_kaws Bus Stop Painting to Lead Landmark Heritage Auctions Sale via @Hypebeast https://t.co/4IM9anccss https://t.co/rGld1NFqJi about 1 hour ago
- .@InvisionApp lists their 15 favorite design podcasts which includes @SVAMPSB Chair @DebbieMillman's awesome podcas… https://t.co/TbzpUXsVgy about 2 hours ago
- RT @SVACarDev: Hey #SVA, looking for a Supervising Director position for a cinematic, action-adventure #animation preschool series in Burba… about 3 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com