On September 29, Bruce Wands, chair of the MFA Computer Art Department, will give an artist talk at Harvestworks Digital Media Arts Center. Wands will discuss his project, Variations 703, an interactive music installation that engages viewers and allows them to control the music they hear by interacting with the sculpture. The installation was part of the SIGGRAPH 2003 Art Gallery and an earlier version was exhibited at the Museum het Toreke in Tienen, Belgium in 2001.
Harvestworks, located at 596 Broadway, Suite 602, is a nonprofit digital media arts center that provides resources for artists to learn digital tools and exhibit experimental work created with digital technologies. The artist talk with Wands is free and begins at 7pm. For more information visit Wand’s Web site.
- @Telerama spotlight's this light installation in Paris by #SVA alum Erwin Redl https://t.co/0TpEHzP943 https://t.co/ToGWPydkwn about 13 minutes ago in reply to Telerama
- In the latest episode of #TheSimpsons, the family takes a trip to “Prada Marfa” and responds to the site-specific a… https://t.co/SGq9tFtx1I about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI: #SVA faculty member @stevebrodner creates the art and illustrations for @AlecBaldwin's @TheAlecBaldwinShow.… https://t.co/ANlooPeuNy about 1 hour ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Our Silkscreen course with Gunars Prande begins on January 29th! #SVACEfaculty https://t.co/pFYx199tNB about 1 hour ago
- RT @MFAVN: WATCH: Nathan Fox, faculty, students and alumni tell you what MFA Visual Narrative is all about. #StoryFirst Get your MFA at the… about 1 hour ago
- RT @atrissi: My feature on the "Alumni Spotlight" page of SVA in New York. 16 years ago i graduated from @SVA_News & after all this time,… about 1 hour ago
- Art Historian’s Cat Clawed Hole into a 17th Century Painting He Was Restoring https://t.co/XEdzBo93A0 about 1 hour ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]