On September 29, Bruce Wands, chair of the MFA Computer Art Department, will give an artist talk at Harvestworks Digital Media Arts Center. Wands will discuss his project, Variations 703, an interactive music installation that engages viewers and allows them to control the music they hear by interacting with the sculpture. The installation was part of the SIGGRAPH 2003 Art Gallery and an earlier version was exhibited at the Museum het Toreke in Tienen, Belgium in 2001.
Harvestworks, located at 596 Broadway, Suite 602, is a nonprofit digital media arts center that provides resources for artists to learn digital tools and exhibit experimental work created with digital technologies. The artist talk with Wands is free and begins at 7pm. For more information visit Wand’s Web site.
- The Six Most Common Mistakes Artists Make When Approaching Galleries – according to RedDot Blog… https://t.co/otvJJmFrR0 about 7 hours ago
- Studio Visit: @AmericanIllust/AP visits BFA Illustration faculty member @RiccardoVecchio (MFA 1996 Illustration as… https://t.co/AKvgyldEmu about 8 hours ago
- The People in Limousines: @TheGuardian talks with @katshorr (BFA 1988 Photography) about how driving limousines in… https://t.co/Kh8klFt8RY about 8 hours ago
- Thousands of people on Reddit are enjoying a 'paintception' craze, showcasing a painting within a painting within a… https://t.co/Eq5TtlRloF about 8 hours ago
- RT @SVADigitalPhoto: Watch: Laura Barisonzi sports & fitness photographer whose images combine high-energy visuals with natural beauty & ge… about 8 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Moving Up with Printmaking: How Screen-Printing Boosted Tony Peralta Toward His Brand https://t.co/jyKRdogeU3 #SVACEst… about 9 hours ago
- RT @katshorr: Thank you @WomenInTheArts !! #photography #driving #limousine #womendriving #Brooklyn #newyorkcity @GothamLimousine @Limou… about 9 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]