In his latest photographic exhibition, And Jeopardize the Integrity of the Hull, fine artist and SVA alumnus Charlie White (BFA 1995 Fine Arts) reflects upon the images portrayed in the “picture” — those wholesome and American ideals that have become a means to express our dreams and desires. He takes these ideal images and alters them, allowing the viewer to see the happy and horrific consequences of inhabiting these landscapes. Each image opens up the human complexities and tensions that exist in the very clichés of representation; some images elicit authentic feelings of desire or sympathy, while others are more confrontational in nature. The exhibition runs through May 10 at the Andrea Rosen Gallery, 525 West 24 Street.
Image: The Persuaders, 2003, light jet Chromogenic print mounted on Plexiglas.
- The Original Shark from ‘Jaws’ is Being Restored By Greg Nicotero and His Team! https://t.co/MCXSMxlJyr about 2 hours ago
- Via @QZ's @quartzatwork: #MiltonGlaser is spending his 90th birthday doing what he loves most: working https://t.co/O9Lk44ArIU about 2 hours ago
- RT @ToddRadom: Today is Milton Glaser’s 90th birthday. I’ve been lucky to have been able to occasionally interact with him over the years.… about 2 hours ago
- RT @SVA_MFACA: Faculty member @bentoncbainbrid's video self portrait! https://t.co/TNIugGn5vE about 2 hours ago
- RT @SVALibrary: The library will close at 1pm next Wednesday, July 3rd, and remain closed through the weekend for Independence Day. We'll r… about 2 hours ago
- Atmospheric Oil Paintings Capture the Stunning Beauty of Billowing Clouds https://t.co/sKYqxWUqoC about 3 hours ago
- Mysterious glowing light on Mars captured by Nasa's Curiosity probe https://t.co/tkSOduX8kT about 4 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to email@example.com