In his latest photographic exhibition, And Jeopardize the Integrity of the Hull, fine artist and SVA alumnus Charlie White (BFA 1995 Fine Arts) reflects upon the images portrayed in the “picture” — those wholesome and American ideals that have become a means to express our dreams and desires. He takes these ideal images and alters them, allowing the viewer to see the happy and horrific consequences of inhabiting these landscapes. Each image opens up the human complexities and tensions that exist in the very clichés of representation; some images elicit authentic feelings of desire or sympathy, while others are more confrontational in nature. The exhibition runs through May 10 at the Andrea Rosen Gallery, 525 West 24 Street.
Image: The Persuaders, 2003, light jet Chromogenic print mounted on Plexiglas.
- The Six Most Common Mistakes Artists Make When Approaching Galleries – according to RedDot Blog… https://t.co/otvJJmFrR0 about 9 hours ago
- Studio Visit: @AmericanIllust/AP visits BFA Illustration faculty member @RiccardoVecchio (MFA 1996 Illustration as… https://t.co/AKvgyldEmu about 10 hours ago
- The People in Limousines: @TheGuardian talks with @katshorr (BFA 1988 Photography) about how driving limousines in… https://t.co/Kh8klFt8RY about 10 hours ago
- Thousands of people on Reddit are enjoying a 'paintception' craze, showcasing a painting within a painting within a… https://t.co/Eq5TtlRloF about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVADigitalPhoto: Watch: Laura Barisonzi sports & fitness photographer whose images combine high-energy visuals with natural beauty & ge… about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Moving Up with Printmaking: How Screen-Printing Boosted Tony Peralta Toward His Brand https://t.co/jyKRdogeU3 #SVACEst… about 11 hours ago
- RT @katshorr: Thank you @WomenInTheArts !! #photography #driving #limousine #womendriving #Brooklyn #newyorkcity @GothamLimousine @Limou… about 11 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]