Spring is a busy time at SVA. Here’s a list of some of this week’s “to dos”:
- Open House for High School Juniors, April 26: From Q & As and campus tours to “Choosing a Major” and “Portfolio Development” presentations, the College will be bustling with prospective students and their parents. For information or a complete schedule of events, contact the Office of Admissions at 212.592.2100.
- The Art Therapy Department’s In-Touch Community Lecture Series continues with “Exploring the Secrets of Personal Snapshots and Family Albums: an Introduction to PhotoTherapy Techniques” with Judy Weiser, founder and director of the PhotoTherapy Centre in Vancouver, BC. April 29, 6:30 – 8:30pm, 132 West 21 Street, 3rd floor. Seating is limited. Please RSVP to 212.592.2610 or email@example.com.
- Foundation Exhibition. Art work created by first-year fine arts and photography undergraduate students, April 25 – May 3. Reception: April 29, 5 – 7pm, SVA Gallery, 209 East 23 Street. Work will also be on display in the Westside Gallery, 141 West 21 Street.
- Open Studios and Thesis Presentations.
Sculpture: April 28, 5 – 9pm, SVA Sculpture Center, 30 West 17 Street; Painting: May 1, 5 – 9pm, 141 West 21 Street, 4th and 6th floors; MFA Fine Arts: May 1 – 3, 141 West 21 Street, 8th and 9th floors, Reception: May 1, 5 – 9pm; MFA Computer Art Thesis Presentations: April 28 – 29, May 1 – 2, 6:30pm, SVA Amphitheater, 209 East 23 Street, 3rd floor.
- Be sure to pick up WORDS 57, the latest collection of written work by SVA students, faculty and guest contributors. Copies have been distributed throughout the College. WORDS is published twice a year by the Humanities and Sciences Department.