- BFA Fine Arts instructors Jeanne Silverthorne and Lynne Yamamoto are recipients of the 2002 Penny McCall Foundation Awards. The foundation annually awards grants to American artists selected by its board from nominations submitted by an anonymous national nominating committee. Each recipient receives $30,000.
- Nils Karsten, BFA Fine Arts instructor and alumnus (1999) has work appearing in a group show at White Columns gallery called Were You Alright Yesterday?. This exhibition explores everyday social insecurities and discomfort resulting from banal events. Mr. Karsten presents a series of ambiguous drawings of a girl in
apparently uncomfortable and awkward facial poses. January 31 – March 9, 2003; Reception: January 31, 7 – 9pm. White Columns is at 320 West 13 Street (entrance on Horatio Street).
- The National Arts Club’s upcoming Annual Student Exhibition will feature several students from the department: Gregory Edwards, Aleya Hoerlein, and Raymond McDonald. The exhibition is February 7 – 18, 1 to 6pm daily; Reception: February 7, 5 – 7pm. The National Arts Club is at 15 Gramercy Park South.
- Learn Product Design and Traditional Craft in Japan with SVA Destinations https://t.co/kJP9zp3VZ1 about 6 hours ago
- RT @ScriptFeed: Want to tell great stories that make an impact? Our friends at SVA's Documentary MFA SVASocDoc teach the skills to evolve t… about 6 hours ago
- ICYMI: Milton Glaser isn't thrilled with the Amazon-ed version of his iconic 'I Love NY' logo.… https://t.co/QWnUin8wgu about 6 hours ago
- RT @SVACarDev: Hey #SVA apply for the Diversity Fellowship Program with @ArtTable by March 1st. #diversityfellowship #studentsuccess https:… about 6 hours ago
- [email protected] interviews @SVABFAPHOTO alum Sinjun Strom https://t.co/DraGwqMtmR https://t.co/m3QdaS5RwD about 12 hours ago
- RT @heyjenbartel: My cover for Marvel Tales: THANOS 🌈🌟 Available at your LCS in April! https://t.co/u7WgPhOtn0 about 13 hours ago
- [email protected] alumni Thomas Holton's acclaimed work "The Lams of Ludlow Street" is on view @MuseumofCityNY. The w… https://t.co/YIMvjxaCPJ about 14 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]