Mayumi Hayashi (BFA Fine Art, 1997) is currently showing her work in Innermost, a sculpture exhibition about reflection and memory. The show can be seen through January 22 at The Teaching Gallery, Hudson Valley Community College in Troy, New York. The artist recently gave a lecture to a group of students at the college with an interest in fine arts, many of whom hope to continue their studies at an art college. With this in mind, Ms. Hayashi shared her personal journey from being a student in Japan, to becoming an art student at SVA, and now working as an artist. Ms. Hayashi is also an exhibiting artist at Goliath, a Brooklyn gallery she co-founded with her husband Erik Guzman (BFA Fine Arts, 1997), studio manager at the SVA Sculpture Center.
Image: Innermost, 2002 by Mayumi Hayashi.
- @TheRichardLewis ❤️❤️❤️ about 1 hour ago in reply to TheRichardLewis
- RT @TheRichardLewis: Collage by the late, Carl Nicholas Titolo. His angelic widow, Angela found it. It was like a thank you to his pal/ pat… about 1 hour ago
- The Undersung Art of Native American Women, Front and Center https://t.co/lZtcemKVqP about 4 hours ago
- Voices @ #SVA: BFA Advertising Student Jaewoo Park https://t.co/T77MfDjTRG about 4 hours ago
- These are the most startling photos from the world of science this year https://t.co/rN6tql4JCE about 5 hours ago
- Preview 11 of Burning Man’s Most-Anticipated Artworks https://t.co/M2md6vYNtX about 6 hours ago
- RT @typedirectors: See #TDC65 award-winning work @TypeCon Aug 30-Sept 1 and at PJATK Warsaw thru Sept 30. Congratulations to @ErikCampay ,… about 6 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org