Mayumi Hayashi (BFA Fine Art, 1997) is currently showing her work in Innermost, a sculpture exhibition about reflection and memory. The show can be seen through January 22 at The Teaching Gallery, Hudson Valley Community College in Troy, New York. The artist recently gave a lecture to a group of students at the college with an interest in fine arts, many of whom hope to continue their studies at an art college. With this in mind, Ms. Hayashi shared her personal journey from being a student in Japan, to becoming an art student at SVA, and now working as an artist. Ms. Hayashi is also an exhibiting artist at Goliath, a Brooklyn gallery she co-founded with her husband Erik Guzman (BFA Fine Arts, 1997), studio manager at the SVA Sculpture Center.
Image: Innermost, 2002 by Mayumi Hayashi.
- #SVA's @EricCorriel Brought #tinytrump (@maketrumptiny) to 2019's D.C. #WomensMarch #WomensMarch2019 https://t.co/68BTl53Udc about 12 minutes ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: RIP Jonas Mekas, 1922-1019. https://t.co/SPQPEbDXre about 13 minutes ago
- #Reminder: @poetry__project hosts @artwritingSVA faculty member and alumnus Emmanuel Iduma along with… https://t.co/q0UqbxjpgN about 49 minutes ago
- Faculty Updates: Barbara Segal, Elise Engler, Shelley Haven: New Art Exhibitions from @SVAContinuingEd faculty https://t.co/qKgsUtYqDt about 57 minutes ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Faculty Feature: Jade Doskow Visits the Lost Utopias of the World’s Fair Monuments https://t.co/PObpmt2jq8 #SVACEfacul… about 59 minutes ago
- 2019 Experimental Architecture Award shortlist announced https://t.co/kEjvczD2Z7 about 1 hour ago
- Photographers to Follow: @Wmag 's list of nine young photographers that you should be following on social media inc… https://t.co/rOEQobPCBv about 2 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]