Steve Ditko, co-creator of the Amazing Spiderman comic book character, attended the Cartoonists & Illustrator’s School–the College’s previous incarnation–in the early fifties. Then he worked at Marvel alongside the legendary Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
Lee-Kirby-Ditko cut a swath through the industry. The advent of the Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, the Hulk and Dr. Strange, plus character after character that live on today, had their their geneses in the minds of these three individuals. Without Lee’s scripting, Ditko’s characters may have ended up as harsh and unforgiving as his later work, but it was the tension between two successful styles that created the hybrid known as The Amazing Spider-Man. The voice is Lee’s but the look and feel of the nerd is Ditko’s. For more information, visit the Steve Ditko web site.
- "Self-Portraiture in the Age of the Selfie” and "Conversations: Using Image and Text to Tell a Story” are Jonathan… https://t.co/uXbWiBOAVK about 4 hours ago
- Ansel Adams in a New Light https://t.co/dwFUB4RjOK about 4 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: See marble sculptures by Barbara Segal, SVACE faculty member, in exhibitions at Krause Gallery, NYC and Biba Gallery,… about 4 hours ago
- RT @MFAVN: FEB 1 DEADLINE: We're scouting for #filmmakers #illustrators #animators #authors #game #designers for our low-res MFA at @SVA_Ne… about 4 hours ago
- Check out the new #VERONANEIGHBORS cover featuring #SVA's very own Bruce Wands (@SVA_MFACA Chair Emeritus). In the… https://t.co/9Pi6rqWxnZ about 12 hours ago
- Fire Up Your Instagram: A Psychedelic ‘Infinity Room’ Lands (Permanently) At The ICA https://t.co/nIClBIX5Cn about 13 hours ago
- Gorgeous New Murals At Reopened 167th Street Station Celebrate Bronx Icons https://t.co/Xcvh7OZYSU 05:15:05 PM January 18, 2019
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]