Steve Ditko, co-creator of the Amazing Spiderman comic book character, attended the Cartoonists & Illustrator’s School–the College’s previous incarnation–in the early fifties. Then he worked at Marvel alongside the legendary Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
Lee-Kirby-Ditko cut a swath through the industry. The advent of the Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, the Hulk and Dr. Strange, plus character after character that live on today, had their their geneses in the minds of these three individuals. Without Lee’s scripting, Ditko’s characters may have ended up as harsh and unforgiving as his later work, but it was the tension between two successful styles that created the hybrid known as The Amazing Spider-Man. The voice is Lee’s but the look and feel of the nerd is Ditko’s. For more information, visit the Steve Ditko web site.
- This floating house is climate apocalypse-ready via @FastCompany https://t.co/bPhrA3LZvv about 35 minutes ago
- How #DavidFincher and Tim Miller's 'Heavy Metal' Reboot Became Netflix's Animated #LoveDeathAndRobots https://t.co/j41dEmo6z6 about 1 hour ago
- Lego's Steamboat Willie Tribute Is Black And White And Perfect https://t.co/5AiDq8b2nI about 3 hours ago
- New York Art Galleries: What to See Right Now via @NYTImes https://t.co/ZlXrmTDByp about 4 hours ago
- #IKEA upcycles furniture into colourful Wildhomes for Wildlife https://t.co/9h7YZUZZcp about 5 hours ago
- How to move a masterpiece: the secret business of shipping priceless artworks https://t.co/5rxlX87Ehi https://t.co/lvxZSifqMi about 6 hours ago
- Offensive History, At the Natural History Museum Revisited via the @NYTimes https://t.co/nJawYYr2Cs https://t.co/gI1zw59fCT about 7 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org