- The Alumni Society is proud to announce the winners of this year’s Alumni Competition. Five $1,000 awards were offered to seniors completing their final projects at SVA. The review panel was made up of five SVA alumni who are also on staff at the College. Congratulations to winners Jennifer Lew (Graphic Design), Todd Phillips (Film & Video), Jennifer Pouech (Photography), Joseph Sywenkyj (Photography), and
Philipp Wolter (Film & Video). Congrats also to the runners-up: Harumi Ori (BFA Fine Arts), Fon-Lin Nyeu (Graphic Design), and Catherina Meisinger (Computer Art).
- Kudos also go out to the winners of this year’s Shakespeare & Company Scholarship Competition. The competition awards $2500 to a senior whose final project is an illustrated book or graphic novel. There was a tie for first place this year, so the award will be split by Thomas Herpich (Cartooning) and Jin Young Kim (Cartooning).
- Writing Fashion History at the Met, One Dress at a Time https://t.co/hRJa4OEu7z about 37 minutes ago
- The Museum of Dog Exists and It’s Opening in NYC in February https://t.co/kbGn6wKGwF about 1 hour ago
- Photos: Gorgeous New Murals At Reopened 167th Street Station Celebrate Bronx Icons https://t.co/Xcvh7PhAhu about 2 hours ago
- "Self-Portraiture in the Age of the Selfie” and "Conversations: Using Image and Text to Tell a Story” are Jonathan… https://t.co/uXbWiBOAVK about 18 hours ago
- Ansel Adams in a New Light https://t.co/dwFUB4RjOK about 18 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: See marble sculptures by Barbara Segal, SVACE faculty member, in exhibitions at Krause Gallery, NYC and Biba Gallery,… about 18 hours ago
- RT @MFAVN: FEB 1 DEADLINE: We're scouting for #filmmakers #illustrators #animators #authors #game #designers for our low-res MFA at @SVA_Ne… about 18 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]