Through the Fall 2015 Orientation week, SVA welcomed more than 1,000 students from 37 states and 36 countries. You can learn more about four of the new students here: Claudia Martinez Cavazos, Sammy Savos, Natalie Ralko and Sean Irwin.
Among the many scheduled Orientation events were a series of local tours called Navigating Your Neighborhood; Flaunt Your Flavor, a frozen yogurt social; a student leadership open house; a SVA Chelsea Gallery open house and tour and the concluding blowout, Groove-a-thon, held at the SVA Student Center on Friday, September 4.
Here’s a photo slideshow from the week:
As the fall semester begins, here are some highlights from the past couple of weeks to quickly bring you up to speed:
- “The Sports Show” opened at the SVA Chelsea Gallery with coverage from The New York Times, Time and Sports Illustrated, among others.
- SVA unveiled its latest subway poster designs by MFA Illustration as Visual Essay faculty member Mirko Ilic.
- Two films won Student Academy Awards!
- SVA alumni made PRINT magazine’s emerging artists list.
- A highlight reel from the 2015 Dusty Film and Animation Festival was released.
- MFA Visual Narrative celebrated its inaugural graduating class.
- The SVA Campus Store is back open after a three month renovation and redesign. Visit the store at 207 East 23rd Street and check out the expanded SVA poster collection, new video wall, Apple demo space and listening stations for headphones and speakers.