Meet #SVA2019: Natalie Ralko

September 2, 2015

SVA Close Up’s orientation week meet-and-greet continues with Natalie Ralko, who only had to travel across New York Bay to get to SVA from her hometown of Staten Island. She looks forward to being surrounded by an eclectic mix of artists while she studies film at the College.

NatalieRalko200Name: Natalie Ralko
Hometown: Staten Island, New York
Major: BFA Film

Why did you decide to study film?
I decided to study film because ever since I was a kid I enjoyed going to the movies as a way to escape for a little while. I want to be able to create something to give people that feeling too, and let them leave their lives for awhile.

Who inspires you to create art?
My older brother inspires me. He is a screenwriter and the stuff he writes makes me want to work hard to be just as good as him.

Name something that excites you about SVA.
I am excited about being surrounded by so many creative people. Everyone hear is involved in the arts and I love being around so many different kinds of people.

What are you most looking forward to about living in New York City?
I am excited about how many different things there are to do around the city. I’ll never be bored because there is always something new to do every day.

What are your three favorite films?
The Kings of Summer (2013), This is Spinal Tap (1984) and Silver Linings Playbook (2012).