SVA Alumnus Jeff Bryson on His Trip to the 2014 Cannes Film Festival

June 20, 2014

Jeff Bryson’s (BFA 2013 Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects) short film The Wild Wild Test was accepted into the American Pavillion at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. jeff200The American Pavilion was founded in 1989 to showcase American students working in film. Bryson traveled to Cannes for the festival, and SVA Close Up invited him to share his experience.

“It is always great to see peoples’ reactions to your film, and especially at such a renowned event as Cannes. The festival is full of brilliant work and packed with talented people. One thing I learned is that at an event like this, you can’t be shy. Everyone is there to promote their work and to make connections, and you never know who you might meet and what opportunities might pop up.

cannes425As for celebrity sightings, I only saw Quentin Tarantino from a far, but I saw some awesome work and met some wonderful people. Being at the Cannes Film Festival was an honor, an amazing experience and a great opportunity. I’d like to thank SVA for providing me with the push and help they gave me to get there. The next step for me is to get to work on my next film so I can hopefully get to experience it all again!”

Other SVA films accepted into the American Pavilion by BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects Alumni include 1893 by Ryan Chong, Stranded by Donia Liechti and Vicky Penzes, and Spacebound by Kyle Moy and Ellen Su, who recently gave SVA Close Up the scoop on her trip to Cannes as well.