New Season of ‘Design Matters’ with SVA’s Debbie Millman

October 19, 2012

Design

Matters, hosted by MPS Branding Department Chair Debbie Millman, is back again with a new lineup of leading designers, artists, writers, and thinkers. The popular podcast series, which won the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum’s 2011 “People’s Design Award,” kicked off its new season on Friday, October 19 with a discussion with cartoonist and comic book artist Chris Ware, and continues on October 26 with graphic designer and MFA Design Department faculty member Scott Stowell.

Millman, who also serves as President of the Design division at Sterling Brands, describes her inspiration Design Matters: “I began Design Matters in February of 2005 with an idea and a telephone line—I thought it would be a great way to ask my heroes everything I wanted to know about their lives and their thoughts and their careers without seeming stalker-y. In the process, I gleaned the most magnificent view of some of the greatest design thinkers and practitioners of our time. I realized the opportunity to share the brilliance of my guests with an audience I never expected was the gift of a lifetime.”

Other upcoming Design Matters guests include Austin McGhie, Aaron Draplin, Rafael Esquer, Christopher Simmons, MFA Interaction Design Department faculty member Jake Barton, MFA Design Department and BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department faculty member Louise Fili, Marion Deuchars, Emily Oberman, Aaron Kenedi and MFA Illustration as Visual Essay Department faculty member Mirko Ilic, and Rodrigo Corral and Jason Kottke.

For more info and to listen to new episodes as well as the entire archive of past shows, click here.