Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- Q&A with @MFAVN chair and @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT alumnus @nathanfoxy http://t.co/qwQemXCSId cc: @SVAalumni #WeTellStoriesSVA about 9 minutes ago
- Just in time for Halloween: Master pumpkin carver and SVA alumnus @ray_villafane http://t.co/Cd3vhdherQ cc: @SVAalumni @NYBG about 19 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT: Day 5 of installing We Tell Stories begins. A look at Viktor Koen's snowboards to start your day.… http://t.co/0a5Pwr… about 20 hours ago
- RT @Savageartist: Class of 1996 @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT @WBedrosian @iotacons @riccardovecchio hangin' with the Master. @SVAalumni http://t.co/hCK… about 20 hours ago
- .@SVAMFADesign Co-chair Steven Heller discusses 'Isle of The Dead' @FishkoFiles http://t.co/yDVnhFqeU9 cc: @WNYC #Halloween about 20 hours ago
- .@designboom spotlight on @SVAfinearts alumnus Christopher Schanck http://t.co/DvSlak7TeG cc: @AlmineRech @SVAalumni about 20 hours ago
- RT @the_artifice: The Art of Milton Glaser: To Inform and Delight http://t.co/gF1low5cGB #MiltonGlaser #Arts about 20 hours ago