Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- .@BoingBoing reviews 'Strong Female Protagonist' by SVA alumni @BrennanLM and @MollyOstertag http://t.co/wvxyDGi6lW cc: @SVAfilmvideo 12:46:13 PM November 26, 2014
- RT @ChrisJohnBowman: Milton Glaser: It's Not Warming, It's Dying: http://t.co/2UHrFGp3jF via @YouTube 12:42:21 PM November 26, 2014
- .@doctorow praises 'Strong Female Protagonist' by SVA alumni @BrennanLM and @MollyOstertag http://t.co/wvxyDGi6lW cc: @SVAalumni 12:41:29 PM November 26, 2014
- Recap: SVA hosts ‘Naturally Hypernatural’ bio art conference http://t.co/1AYq9nQ53O cc: @SVAfinearts @MelentieP @valverderaul_ 11:59:34 AM November 26, 2014
- RT @SVAgalleries: SVA Galleries will close at 2pm today, Nov 26, and reopen Monday, Dec 1. Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday! @SVA… 10:51:34 AM November 26, 2014
- Not to be missed: @SVAcuratorial presents a piano recital by Steinway artist @DanielGortler http://t.co/ccJjNo5GWh cc: @SteinwayAndSons 06:02:10 PM November 25, 2014
- RT @SVAalumni: On Black Friday submit your photos to @PixBlackFriday, a photojournalism project by alumnus @jsapfoto http://t.co/gN3S7w3FEI… 05:49:55 PM November 25, 2014