Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- 'The logo genius': SVA's Ivan Chermayeff featured @guardian http://t.co/w1MzU9YdMA cc: @SVA_AdvDesign @CGHNYC about 12 hours ago
- Screening: @svaartpractice presents '(Not) Here, (Not) Now' @Videology in Brooklyn http://t.co/RYdkwtHqwP cc: @marktribe about 13 hours ago
- RT @debbiemillman: In Cincinnati? Come on over to my talk tomorrow night for @CincyDesignWeek! http://t.co/5Kpm1yAGok @rcayabyab @aigacinci… about 13 hours ago
- RT @MFAVN: Today! Join @EdwardHemingway @nathanfoxy @LeonardMarcus at 2nd Annual Open Studio for SVA’s Visual Narrative MFA http://t.co/wCG… about 14 hours ago
- ‘A Handweaver’s Pattern Book’: Exhibition by SVA's Polly Apfelbaum featured @nytimes http://t.co/UmVEFgieaM cc: @SVAMFAFineArts about 14 hours ago
- Striking photographs by @SVABFAPHOTO alum Amy Elkins featured @JuxtapozMag http://t.co/COqFJd5e8O cc: @amyelkinsphoto @SVAalumni about 15 hours ago
- MFA Visual Narrative Open Studios today from 4-8pm at SVA http://t.co/eypnCKgg01 cc: @MFAVN @nathanfoxy about 16 hours ago