Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- RT @SVAalumni: Thanks for coming to the #CreativeEntrepreneur! We've got photos: https://t.co/s1bXFmGCMS cc: @SVA_News @SVACarDev http://t.… about 1 hour ago
- RT @chochinov: Beautiful (and very disquieting) work from @rachilders - 1 of my great @SVAMFADesign students (diff class!) http://t.co/Hc2f… about 2 hours ago
- Introducing Wenye Fang, one soon-to-be alumnus SVA is exhibiting March 5-8 at #PULSEnewyork http://t.co/7jnWzts061 cc: @SVAgalleries about 2 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: International Women’s Day: Celebrate with @SVADSI Alumni @capricho_ruch Muchala http://t.co/LnEC2yJtLR http://t.co/ThAcHn51hF about 2 hours ago
- RT @garychou: Join us on 3/18 for the @svaixd Entrepreneurial Design Annual 2015, featuring 17 projects by the Class of '16. https://t.co/Q… about 2 hours ago
- Introducing Wenye Fang, one soon-to-be alumnus SVA is exhibiting March 5-8 @PULSEArtFair http://t.co/7jnWzts061 http://t.co/JKxOevFLFu about 2 hours ago
- RT @PULSEArtFair: In ONE WEEK we will be bringing you 4 days of non-stop contemporary art and programming! #PULSEartfair #PULSEnewyork http… about 2 hours ago