Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- PhotoGlobal and beyond: Q&A with @SVABFAPHOTO and @SVAFASHIONPHOTO Co-chair Stephen Frailey http://t.co/Fq6So6AC23 cc: @artspace 05:46:05 PM November 21, 2014
- RT @SVAgalleries: @SVABFAPHOTO 'PhotoGlobal 2007-2014' opens tomorrow at SVA Gramercy Gallery, on view Nov 22–Dec 16 http://t.co/SRn9IvMWAO… 04:18:44 PM November 21, 2014
- Photographer spends three years recording the lives of U.S. Marshals http://t.co/974Uaqf69m via @MailOnline cc: @SVABFAPHOTO @SVAalumni 03:23:16 PM November 21, 2014
- 'An Evening With (A Few Of) @NewYorker's Most Brilliant Artists' at SVA http://t.co/oK6E93OV26 cc: @TNYcartoonistVR @richardgehr @wwnorton 02:52:55 PM November 21, 2014
- RT @SVAalumni: Alumnus Eric Rhein is our #FridayPortfolio, show opens at @JNJCares on #WAD2014 cc: @SVA_News http://t.co/EooAIrvJNw http://… 02:33:42 PM November 21, 2014
- 'Times Square Seen Through Fresh Eyes': @tmagazine profile on @SVABFAPHOTO alumnus Zachary Smith http://t.co/mHM6NvZuir cc: @SVAalumni 12:37:20 PM November 21, 2014
- RT @SVAMFADesign: @SVAMFADesign students were given a semester-long project direct from the country of Bhutan http://t.co/irFmKUO1hg http:/… 12:19:42 PM November 21, 2014