Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- SVA students and alumni win seven Art Directors Club awards http://t.co/AW3FMB8AaN cc: @ADCGlobal @SVAalumni @SVA_AdvDesign about 6 hours ago
- RT @SOI128: SI Member @seejbdraw created art 4 @RalphLauren. Check out doc w/cameos by @TonkaOBrien,Marshall Arisman,@Clay_Rodery http://t.… about 7 hours ago
- SVA's Jillian Tamaki featured @PublishersWkly for new graphic novel http://t.co/xfjUHRoygg cc: @dirtbagg @01FirstSecond about 8 hours ago
- RT @cartoonallies: Hey NYC! There are only nine days left until FRESH MEAT 2014, @SVA_News' student-run comics festival! http://t.co/nb5L8g… about 11 hours ago
- RT @plymptoons: Photo: http://t.co/WShhicBmxS about 12 hours ago
- @SVACampusStore Welcome! about 12 hours ago in reply to SVACampusStore
- A lecture by artist, critic, curator and teacher @stephen_maine tonight at SVA http://t.co/OfCxgeULRv cc: @SVAMFAFineArts about 13 hours ago