Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- .@SVAalumni & students on @printmag’s 2014 emerging artists list http://t.co/u8xpxp3XKA cc: @fiveonthat @zzdesign @lizzyshowman @JustinColt about 13 hours ago
- RT @SVAfilmvideo: Support fellow SVA students @HenrikHanson and Angel Cardenas and vote for #WallofInspiration at http://t.co/nBUJ7pUTCW about 14 hours ago
- .@makersalphabet by @svaixd students @snehapie and @melodyquintana featured @BoingBoing http://t.co/IUf3CrYZVm about 15 hours ago
- RT @SVACarDev: Come to our @SVAalumni Career Forum this Thursday, 4/24 -- Earn Higher Rates as a Freelancer http://t.co/hJmP5HJEhX @SVA_News about 15 hours ago
- Photographer Richard Renaldi discusses his forthcoming book #TouchingStrangers tonight at SVA http://t.co/n2DbWfC5ds cc: @aperturefnd about 18 hours ago
- SVA teams up with @TribecaFilmIns: http://t.co/8mgX2M2pub cc: @SVAfilmvideo about 18 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: Explore Games For Impact with @aburak in the new @SVADSI Summer Program http://t.co/Y4qerTUlcc about 19 hours ago