Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- RT @Scene360: 10 GREAT POSTER DESIGNS!!! Click here: http://t.co/scZlM27ZUA #poster #sagmeister #design #posteroftheweek http://t.co/wUK8… about 30 minutes ago
- Port-a-potty photos by @SVABFAPHOTO student Travis Rix featured @slate http://t.co/MCzlYQZn1I cc: @travisrix about 1 hour ago
- SVA's @MiltonGlaserInc designs posters and ads for the final season of @MadMen_AMC http://t.co/hY0XA0IUTW cc: @AMC_TV @thedailyheller about 4 hours ago
- BFA @sva_computerart alumnus Alexandra Barsky's THE ALLIGATOR to be screened at @sxsw starting 3.8.14 http://t.co/9712fFe3lk 12:11:27 PM March 06, 2014
- Whitney Biennial 2014: Sarah Charlesworth http://t.co/LbjWnnidYm cc: @whitneymuseum @mfaphotovideo 05:33:19 PM March 05, 2014
- RT @MollyOstertag: My poster for SVA's student comic fair. Dragons! Lanterns! Star writing! http://t.co/AaF8vNQdby 04:31:40 PM March 05, 2014
- RT @DustyFestival: Dusty 25 special! SVA Close Up Q&A with BFA Film and Video alumnus Katie Hetland - http://t.co/yBJTLHSFhk 04:31:16 PM March 05, 2014