Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- RT @cartoonallies: Hey NYC! There are only nine days left until FRESH MEAT 2014, @SVA_News' student-run comics festival! http://t.co/nb5L8g… about 1 hour ago
- RT @plymptoons: Photo: http://t.co/WShhicBmxS about 2 hours ago
- @SVACampusStore Welcome! about 2 hours ago in reply to SVACampusStore
- A lecture by artist, critic, curator and teacher @stephen_maine tonight at SVA http://t.co/OfCxgeULRv cc: @SVAMFAFineArts about 2 hours ago
- Don't miss this presentation with SVA's @CPotts1 and @Philjimeneznyc on the 'Art of Visual Storytelling' @SOI128 http://t.co/3J09ZFSItA about 2 hours ago
- .@SVAalumni & students on @printmag’s 2014 emerging artists list http://t.co/u8xpxp3XKA cc: @fiveonthat @zzdesign @lizzyshowman @JustinColt about 19 hours ago
- RT @SVAfilmvideo: Support fellow SVA students @HenrikHanson and Angel Cardenas and vote for #WallofInspiration at http://t.co/nBUJ7pUTCW about 20 hours ago