Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- .@makersalphabet by @svaixd students @snehapie and @melodyquintana featured @FastCompany http://t.co/ZVQ9fcgcqb cc: @Frauenfelder @doctorow about 4 hours ago
- Exhibition “Underground Images: School of Visual Arts Subway Posters'' in Belgrade http://t.co/XkG0WmacUC about 5 hours ago
- Video on SVA alum Jonathan Bartlett's #artwallproject for @ralphlauren's NYC #DenimandSupply store http://t.co/9xJJwP1AGS cc: @seejbdraw about 6 hours ago
- 'Jennifer C. Nash: The Black Body in Ecstasy' tonight at SVA http://t.co/wC2my2JM0L cc: @GWtweets about 8 hours ago
- Whimsical Illustrations Of Famous Buildings, From Fallingwater To The Farnsworth House http://t.co/QnJ6Yx1qOl via @FastCoDesign about 8 hours ago
- .@CharlesTraub’s ‘Dolce Via’ recaptures Italy in the 1980s http://t.co/M0Xiyyt1Nz cc: @mfaphotovideo @ICPhotog about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFAFineArts: @SVAMFAFineArts Spring 2014 #lectureseries presents #stephenmaine,Wednesday,April 23,136 W 21st street, 418F 7:00pm htt… about 10 hours ago