Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- RT @jadedoskow: My new SVA class Arch + Photo II starts 10/31 to build your portfolio. Enroll here @SVAContinuingEd http://t.co/CDHY75EJeo about 25 minutes ago
- RT @SVAfilmvideo: @AdamVazquez1 writes the alumni blog for this week! Check it out: http://t.co/oUjQCIVmxx about 26 minutes ago
- .@seattlepi Q&A with @mfaphotovideo alumnus @lynnsheltonfilm about her new @LaggiesTheMovie http://t.co/8CJvqojZLm cc: @SVAalumni about 1 hour ago
- RT @SVAalumni: .@svaixd alumnus @catherineyoung currently has work on view at Seoul National University's MoA http://t.co/S1lTKigcS1 cc: @… about 1 hour ago
- RT @_ChrisHand: So who's in NYC on Nov 10? Go see @anabjain from @Superflux talk about "Design for Anxious Times" at @SVA_news http://t.co… about 2 hours ago
- RT @jimmie__love: "Art is the space between angels and demons"... Marshall Arisman, Chair, MFA Illustration as visual essay (@SVA_News) about 2 hours ago
- A talk by photographer and artist Terry Boddie tonight at SVA http://t.co/NpV8s3GFyq cc: @SVADigitalPhoto about 3 hours ago