Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- Lecture by @SurvivingSandy artist Gary Stephan tonight at 7, 136 W 22 St http://t.co/l1WVA9FWmK cc: @deveningprjcts @TheBrooklynRail about 9 hours ago
- SVA alumnus and faculty member TM Davy featured on @1stdibs http://t.co/05CxAVxiFj cc: @SVAfinearts @SVAIllusCart about 12 hours ago
- RT @SVAalumni: SVA Alumnus Katherine Bernhardt's show with Youssef Jdia @TheHoleNYC! @SVA_News http://t.co/NvGG7fWEHs 06:08:32 PM December 10, 2013
- Tonight at SVA: Loring Knoblauch on contemporary & vintage photography markets http://t.co/p28gIeIytl cc: @SVADigitalPhoto @CollectorDaily 04:26:32 PM December 10, 2013
- New solo exhibition by @SVAMFAFineArts alum Sarah Sze @fabricworkshop http://t.co/tx3WO5Jlik cc: @SVAalumni @artfcity 03:03:50 PM December 10, 2013
- Design historian Amy Ogata on 'Design, Creativity and Postwar American Childhood' tonight at SVA http://t.co/rn2VdQKEXp cc: @DCrit 12:01:04 PM December 10, 2013
- Q&A with Susan Brundage on the early days of curating at SVA http://t.co/fsCtCjPHWS cc: @SVAgalleries 11:15:35 AM December 10, 2013