Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- Exquisite Corpse (from top down): Young Joo Noh, @HoppeIndustries, Harshad Marathe - http://t.co/4fB6wRhpkl http://t.co/2PyHnODgfA about 16 hours ago
- Continuing Education Information Session: Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects tonight at SVA http://t.co/ouGabGmBZp about 16 hours ago
- .@SVAfinearts alum and @BlondieOfficial guitarist shares secret photos of 70s & 80s @SmithsonianMag http://t.co/6G1Viuf0iE cc: @SVAalumni about 18 hours ago
- Continuing Education Information Session: Fine Arts tonight at SVA http://t.co/jt4HIa7dGD cc: @SVAContinuingEd about 19 hours ago
- Photos by @mfaphotovideo alum Alejandra Laviada featured @lenscratch http://t.co/Ie5994tSJk cc: @SVAalumni about 20 hours ago
- Q&A with @SVAMFAFineArts Chair and @rhizome founder @marktribe http://t.co/G0dx02r7Y4 about 20 hours ago
- RT @SVAcuratorial: Curators: The Younger Than Jesus Effect. A panel discussion at #SVA moderated by #JovanaStokic. Tues, Sept.16, at 6.30pm… about 20 hours ago