Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- .@SVAMFADesign alumnus @donicaida wins 2014 @Adobe Design Achievement Award http://t.co/HINQscFiWH cc: @adobeawards @SVAalumni about 5 hours ago
- RT @CenCom: Tonight! #AfterSchoolSpecial kicks off with screenings of @Power_Starz and @Avengers at @svatheatre. http://t.co/P2ydjcZJef about 6 hours ago
- RT @Savageartist: WHERE'S WALRUS? is a colorful classic. Thanks @AptTherapy! I'm blushing bright red SW6867. http://t.co/nDUA77IDpX @SVA_Ne… about 6 hours ago
- RT @BobGiraldi: We're so excited to welcome SVA Alum Gillian Robespierre today to speak with us about being a successful feature... http://… about 6 hours ago
- Reception for 'The Matricide (An Artificial Grammar for Nature)' this Sat., 9/20 http://t.co/pvb2iStGxi cc: @svaartpractice @SVAcuratorial about 6 hours ago
- RT @PrattInstitute: Want some #art w/ your Friday? Check out the lineup of today's free, public talks at #Pratt's Questioning Aesthetics ht… about 6 hours ago
- RT @SVAalumni: .@SVABFAPHOTO alumnus @PhotoYourHeart featured in @tmagazine http://t.co/Z3DpPAREhf cc: @SVA_News about 7 hours ago