Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- Don't miss: @SVAcuratorial hosts seven curators on the rise in conversation: The Younger than Jesus Effect 9/16 http://t.co/odWWrVopIk 01:59:04 PM August 29, 2014
- Labor Day Reminder: SVA closes at 1pm today for the holiday weekend, w/ exception of previously scheduled classes, and reopens at 9am Tue. 11:03:01 AM August 29, 2014
- RT @svatheatre: 10th Screening added! #Rio2 on 9/20, followed by @blueskystudios Q+A: #BringTheKids http://t.co/UXffMybpFr #AfterSchoolSpec… 10:33:12 AM August 29, 2014
- SVA's Milton Glaser discusses the #itsnotwarming campaign and past work with @HuffPostLive http://t.co/6qSnNWu046 cc:@MiltonGlaserInc 10:32:52 AM August 29, 2014
- .@SVAalumni advance to finals in 2014 @Adobe Design Achievement Awards http://t.co/jcPHi5dCri cc: @SVAMFADesign @sva_computerart @SVA_MFACA 04:14:37 PM August 27, 2014
- .@WeAreBoCo project by @SVAMFADesign student @jfresneda featured @PSFK http://t.co/uatmmFX2fY 03:26:09 PM August 27, 2014
- RT @ItsNotWarming: Exclusive video: @MiltonGlaserInc discusses his new climate change awareness campaign #itsnotwarming http://t.co/yFIL3wB… 02:35:58 PM August 27, 2014