Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- New exhibition by SVA's @marktribe featured in Washington City Paper. http://t.co/EdLUBKzfpz cc: @SVAMFAFineArts @wcp 12:10:04 PM July 28, 2014
- 'The logo genius': SVA's Ivan Chermayeff featured @guardian http://t.co/w1MzU9YdMA cc: @SVA_AdvDesign @CGHNYC 04:55:34 PM July 25, 2014
- Screening: @svaartpractice presents '(Not) Here, (Not) Now' @Videology in Brooklyn http://t.co/RYdkwtHqwP cc: @marktribe 03:48:12 PM July 25, 2014
- RT @debbiemillman: In Cincinnati? Come on over to my talk tomorrow night for @CincyDesignWeek! http://t.co/5Kpm1yAGok @rcayabyab @aigacinci… 03:41:04 PM July 25, 2014
- RT @MFAVN: Today! Join @EdwardHemingway @nathanfoxy @LeonardMarcus at 2nd Annual Open Studio for SVA’s Visual Narrative MFA http://t.co/wCG… 03:01:18 PM July 25, 2014
- ‘A Handweaver’s Pattern Book’: Exhibition by SVA's Polly Apfelbaum featured @nytimes http://t.co/UmVEFgieaM cc: @SVAMFAFineArts 02:24:54 PM July 25, 2014
- Striking photographs by @SVABFAPHOTO alum Amy Elkins featured @JuxtapozMag http://t.co/COqFJd5e8O cc: @amyelkinsphoto @SVAalumni 01:41:46 PM July 25, 2014