Alumnus Carlos Saldanha‘s (MFA 1993 Computer Art) new film Rio has been featured in Animation Magazine, which described it as, “a visually stunning valentine to the birds, the beauty and infectious music of Brazil.” Making his hometown and its colorful culture and flora and fauna the central point of the new CG-animated movie, Saldanha says, “I actually started to think about the idea of doing a movie about Brazil and birds back when I was working on Robots…I cast the movie thinking about the real birds that I loved in Rio, and I didn’t want to stylize them so much that they would be unrecognizable.” Also, in a recent interview in the Wall Street Journal, Saldanha talks about the challenges of making the colors more vibrant in 3D, his preparatory study of real birds and the importance of featuring Brazilian music in the film.
- RT @SVAalumni: This week's #FridayPortfolio features @SVAMFAFineArts alumnus @brianrutenberg http://t.co/WtBmpRJ8rr cc: @SVA_News http://t.… about 40 minutes ago
- Now tweeting: SVA MFA Illustration as Visual Essay, celebrating 30 yrs w/ We Tell Stories this fall! @svamfaillustrat http://t.co/4fB6wRhpkl about 22 hours ago
- Also @ 6:30 tonite: @artcrit_writing's @ClaudiaLaRocco reads from/discusses her new book, The Best Most Useless Dress http://t.co/u9COGhiqvU about 22 hours ago
- Tonight at 6:30 @ SVA: @SVAcuratorial and @resunlimited present "Video Conversations" screening + discussion http://t.co/WEwaa4vUbg about 22 hours ago
- SVA competes in the 2014 @amazonfashion Studio Sessions http://t.co/B46RdjZ93e cc: @SVABFAPHOTO @SVAFASHIONPHOTO 05:10:42 PM October 22, 2014
- Still time to submit to the @giphy + @LineAppUSA sticker shop contest, grand prize $10,000! http://t.co/b8oDF2yLxW http://t.co/iUMpk4eHR2 04:02:29 PM October 22, 2014
- .@20thcenturyfox picks up film rights to SVA alum @DashShaw's graphic novel 'Doctors' http://t.co/Q1FZGIDouJ cc: @fantagraphics @SVAalumni 03:14:19 PM October 22, 2014