The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- PhotoGlobal and beyond: Q&A with @SVABFAPHOTO and @SVAFASHIONPHOTO Co-chair Stephen Frailey http://t.co/Fq6So6AC23 cc: @artspace 05:46:05 PM November 21, 2014
- RT @SVAgalleries: @SVABFAPHOTO 'PhotoGlobal 2007-2014' opens tomorrow at SVA Gramercy Gallery, on view Nov 22–Dec 16 http://t.co/SRn9IvMWAO… 04:18:44 PM November 21, 2014
- Photographer spends three years recording the lives of U.S. Marshals http://t.co/974Uaqf69m via @MailOnline cc: @SVABFAPHOTO @SVAalumni 03:23:16 PM November 21, 2014
- 'An Evening With (A Few Of) @NewYorker's Most Brilliant Artists' at SVA http://t.co/oK6E93OV26 cc: @TNYcartoonistVR @richardgehr @wwnorton 02:52:55 PM November 21, 2014
- RT @SVAalumni: Alumnus Eric Rhein is our #FridayPortfolio, show opens at @JNJCares on #WAD2014 cc: @SVA_News http://t.co/EooAIrvJNw http://… 02:33:42 PM November 21, 2014
- 'Times Square Seen Through Fresh Eyes': @tmagazine profile on @SVABFAPHOTO alumnus Zachary Smith http://t.co/mHM6NvZuir cc: @SVAalumni 12:37:20 PM November 21, 2014
- RT @SVAMFADesign: @SVAMFADesign students were given a semester-long project direct from the country of Bhutan http://t.co/irFmKUO1hg http:/… 12:19:42 PM November 21, 2014