The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- RT @NYMag: $10 million Tribeca maisonette comes with original @KeithHaring mural: http://t.co/YYYp2Em0GH http://t.co/jxi4fawCIs about 1 hour ago
- Q&A with @SVAMPSB alumn @hansel_perez on why brand honesty is the key to brand strength @PSFK http://t.co/LoZHG3sEUs cc: @SVAalumni about 2 hours ago
- RT @nathanfoxy: NEW! 6pg story in Jan/Feb @Playboy w/ a slew of killer illo/art talent, @pattonoswalt & amazing @MossKate series... http://… about 2 hours ago
- SVA alumnus Shubhashish Bhutiani profiled @WSJIndia for @KushTheFilm http://t.co/i1jqIXW3AP cc: @SVAfilmvideo @shubhashishb @SVAalumni about 2 hours ago
- RT @CivicBrand: .@hiebertpaul talks with the co-founder of the country's first Masters in Branding program, @SVA_News http://t.co/TilYIYp4m… about 3 hours ago
- RT @SVACarDev: Alumni: Register now for our Alumni Career Development Forum 12/12 -- open discussion format http://t.co/Rbb27fMvba @SVAalu… about 3 hours ago
- A lecture by artist Ken Landauer tonight at SVA http://t.co/gZgQoBZrvu cc: @SVAMFAFineArts about 4 hours ago