The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- @garychou's Entrepreneurial Design course @svaixd mentioned @idonethis http://t.co/6Vt7NyPoOv about 6 hours ago in reply to garychou
- Check out these amazing sketches by SVA alum @JamesJeanArt featured @HYPEBEAST http://t.co/Upsr6nk6p0 cc: @SVAalumni about 7 hours ago
- Salvage Supper Club serves foods destined for the dump http://t.co/Sj1XOVmIcu cc: @SVADSI about 8 hours ago
- Q&A with illustrator and SVA alumnus Tony DiMauro @CommArts http://t.co/EYpaz8m7CD cc: @SVAalumni about 8 hours ago
- SVA Theatre - After School Special 2014 http://t.co/37lpu0ZKbE about 8 hours ago
- RT @aCurator: Another wonderful project from SVA Masters in Digital Photography graduating student Evelina Reinhart.... http://t.co/OECG3cO… about 8 hours ago
- A feast for the palate and eyes http://t.co/hl8bVQSOIU cc: @mfaphotovideo @SVAalumni about 8 hours ago