The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- .@BoingBoing reviews 'Strong Female Protagonist' by SVA alumni @BrennanLM and @MollyOstertag http://t.co/wvxyDGi6lW cc: @SVAfilmvideo 12:46:13 PM November 26, 2014
- RT @ChrisJohnBowman: Milton Glaser: It's Not Warming, It's Dying: http://t.co/2UHrFGp3jF via @YouTube 12:42:21 PM November 26, 2014
- .@doctorow praises 'Strong Female Protagonist' by SVA alumni @BrennanLM and @MollyOstertag http://t.co/wvxyDGi6lW cc: @SVAalumni 12:41:29 PM November 26, 2014
- Recap: SVA hosts ‘Naturally Hypernatural’ bio art conference http://t.co/1AYq9nQ53O cc: @SVAfinearts @MelentieP @valverderaul_ 11:59:34 AM November 26, 2014
- RT @SVAgalleries: SVA Galleries will close at 2pm today, Nov 26, and reopen Monday, Dec 1. Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday! @SVA… 10:51:34 AM November 26, 2014
- Not to be missed: @SVAcuratorial presents a piano recital by Steinway artist @DanielGortler http://t.co/ccJjNo5GWh cc: @SteinwayAndSons 06:02:10 PM November 25, 2014
- RT @SVAalumni: On Black Friday submit your photos to @PixBlackFriday, a photojournalism project by alumnus @jsapfoto http://t.co/gN3S7w3FEI… 05:49:55 PM November 25, 2014