The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- .@makersalphabet by @svaixd students @snehapie and @melodyquintana featured @FastCompany http://t.co/ZVQ9fcgcqb cc: @Frauenfelder @doctorow about 2 hours ago
- Exhibition “Underground Images: School of Visual Arts Subway Posters'' in Belgrade http://t.co/XkG0WmacUC about 3 hours ago
- Video on SVA alum Jonathan Bartlett's #artwallproject for @ralphlauren's NYC #DenimandSupply store http://t.co/9xJJwP1AGS cc: @seejbdraw about 4 hours ago
- 'Jennifer C. Nash: The Black Body in Ecstasy' tonight at SVA http://t.co/wC2my2JM0L cc: @GWtweets about 6 hours ago
- Whimsical Illustrations Of Famous Buildings, From Fallingwater To The Farnsworth House http://t.co/QnJ6Yx1qOl via @FastCoDesign about 7 hours ago
- .@CharlesTraub’s ‘Dolce Via’ recaptures Italy in the 1980s http://t.co/M0Xiyyt1Nz cc: @mfaphotovideo @ICPhotog about 8 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFAFineArts: @SVAMFAFineArts Spring 2014 #lectureseries presents #stephenmaine,Wednesday,April 23,136 W 21st street, 418F 7:00pm htt… about 8 hours ago