The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Get details about #SVACE Interior Design courses and meet our faculty at the FREE Information Session on Aug. 26th: ht… about 23 hours ago
- RT @EdwardHemingway: Join me @DanYaccarino1 @neilnumberman and Margie Palatini- signing this Saturday 1:00 PM to 3 PM at BOOKS OF WONDER. h… about 23 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: 'The Masters Series: Tom Geismar,' August 25 – October 18 at SVA Chelsea Gallery http://t.co/7At5bhPZlm @SVA_News @ADCGlo… about 23 hours ago
- .@Frauenfelder calls SVA alumnus Drew Friedman "the great caricaturist of our age"@BoingBoing http://t.co/YR7u8yyZ7p cc: @SVAalumni 03:04:31 PM August 22, 2014
- Check out this amazing coin mural by SVA's Stefan Sagmeister http://t.co/4w6MA8z4dS cc: @SVAMFADesign 12:28:01 PM August 22, 2014
- RT @SVAalumni: Check out this week's #FridayPortfolio featuring SVA Cartooning alumnus @thomaspitilli: http://t.co/yFl215XZFZ cc: @SVA_News 12:16:53 PM August 22, 2014
- Now, ice cream that plays music when licked http://t.co/xfjG8uU6dD via @FinancialXpress cc: @VFLab 11:52:19 AM August 22, 2014