The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- SVA students and alumni win seven Art Directors Club awards http://t.co/AW3FMB8AaN cc: @ADCGlobal @SVAalumni @SVA_AdvDesign about 6 hours ago
- RT @SOI128: SI Member @seejbdraw created art 4 @RalphLauren. Check out doc w/cameos by @TonkaOBrien,Marshall Arisman,@Clay_Rodery http://t.… about 7 hours ago
- SVA's Jillian Tamaki featured @PublishersWkly for new graphic novel http://t.co/xfjUHRoygg cc: @dirtbagg @01FirstSecond about 8 hours ago
- RT @cartoonallies: Hey NYC! There are only nine days left until FRESH MEAT 2014, @SVA_News' student-run comics festival! http://t.co/nb5L8g… about 11 hours ago
- RT @plymptoons: Photo: http://t.co/WShhicBmxS about 12 hours ago
- @SVACampusStore Welcome! about 12 hours ago in reply to SVACampusStore
- A lecture by artist, critic, curator and teacher @stephen_maine tonight at SVA http://t.co/OfCxgeULRv cc: @SVAMFAFineArts about 13 hours ago