The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- RT @SVAalumni: Thanks for coming to the #CreativeEntrepreneur! We've got photos: https://t.co/s1bXFmGCMS cc: @SVA_News @SVACarDev http://t.… about 6 hours ago
- RT @chochinov: Beautiful (and very disquieting) work from @rachilders - 1 of my great @SVAMFADesign students (diff class!) http://t.co/Hc2f… about 7 hours ago
- Introducing Wenye Fang, one soon-to-be alumnus SVA is exhibiting March 5-8 at #PULSEnewyork http://t.co/7jnWzts061 cc: @SVAgalleries about 7 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: International Women’s Day: Celebrate with @SVADSI Alumni @capricho_ruch Muchala http://t.co/LnEC2yJtLR http://t.co/ThAcHn51hF about 7 hours ago
- RT @garychou: Join us on 3/18 for the @svaixd Entrepreneurial Design Annual 2015, featuring 17 projects by the Class of '16. https://t.co/Q… about 7 hours ago
- Introducing Wenye Fang, one soon-to-be alumnus SVA is exhibiting March 5-8 @PULSEArtFair http://t.co/7jnWzts061 http://t.co/JKxOevFLFu about 7 hours ago
- RT @PULSEArtFair: In ONE WEEK we will be bringing you 4 days of non-stop contemporary art and programming! #PULSEartfair #PULSEnewyork http… about 7 hours ago