The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- RT @MacKidsBooks: The snow is starting in NYC!! Good thing we've got SUPERTRUCK!! http://t.co/QajWvvQFa2 about 31 minutes ago
- @evelynlns SVA works with an outside vendor to send those messages. We are investigating the delay. Thanks for checking. about 1 hour ago in reply to evelynlns
- NYC exhibitions: @SVAalumni Vera Lutter, Clay Patrick McBride and Shen Wei http://t.co/MwBRLIMo9y cc: @mfaphotovideo @SVADigitalPhoto about 1 hour ago
- Due to inclement weather, all classes scheduled to meet at or after 6:00pm on Mon., 1/26, are canceled. SVA will be closed on Tues., 1/27. about 1 hour ago
- Check out the new @SVADSI website! http://t.co/qCyctRhNaV about 2 hours ago
- .@HOWbrand on @svaixd Chair Liz Danzico's role as creative director @NPR http://t.co/hMibJiX3AX http://t.co/Q4j5wK2zos about 3 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: Weekend Heller: Type, Rome, Summer - Print Magazine http://t.co/qf4Wyb6ptw via @SVA_News @SaveRome @SVARome about 3 hours ago