The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- 'This One Summer' by SVA faculty Jillian Tamaki tops @PublishersWkly's 2014 critics poll http://t.co/cKTGVW31TI http://t.co/IbRNUuxuuN about 11 hours ago
- .@SVAMFAFineArts alum Katherine Bernhardt makes @jerrysaltz's 'Best Art Shows of 2014' list @vulture http://t.co/O5BaS4GCME cc: @SVAalumni about 12 hours ago
- RT @SussingOutBooks: Love these insulated lunch bags @Savageartist @SVA_News http://t.co/GN47CwQ4SH about 12 hours ago
- Jetsetters: SVA Department Chairs Lecture Worldwide http://t.co/9u6PnJ4enq cc: @sva_computerart @DCrit @visualcritical @SVAcuratorial about 12 hours ago
- .@hyperallergic on @visualcritical's recent 'Zombie Formalism' panel @svatheatre http://t.co/ZIN53sNmBh cc: @amywilson @jerrysaltz about 16 hours ago
- RT @zadigetvoltaire: Congrats @BabyTetra @SVA_News Graduate! We love our new Holiday windows at Zadig Washington ST!http://t.co/SP4BRH5Zdq … about 16 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: SVA Galleries will close for the winter break Thursday, December 18, and reopen Monday, January 5. Happy Holidays! #2015 … about 17 hours ago