The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- SVA partners with @PeaceCorps for Coverdell Fellows program http://t.co/xmJjQmEmU2 cc: @SVADSI @cherylheller @HilaMehr about 32 minutes ago
- 1st to email email@example.com w/alum Jonathan Bartlett's SVA master's program wins a limited edition #DenimandSupply t-shirt. Sizes limited. about 58 minutes ago
- Q&A with Adam Natale, Director of the SVA Theatre http://t.co/cLxDb78YiU cc: @svatheatre @TribecaFilmFest @VASASVA about 1 hour ago
- RT @thedailyheller: Typography as Language http://t.co/7ASz7q5FUe a new residency program from SVA. about 4 hours ago
- SVA alumnus Dante Tomaselli featured @FANGORIA for musical 'Nightmare' http://t.co/5p5XItNDck cc: @SVAalumni about 4 hours ago
- SVA students and alumni win seven Art Directors Club awards http://t.co/AW3FMB8AaN cc: @ADCGlobal @SVAalumni @SVA_AdvDesign about 23 hours ago
- RT @SOI128: SI Member @seejbdraw created art 4 @RalphLauren. Check out doc w/cameos by @TonkaOBrien,Marshall Arisman,@Clay_Rodery http://t.… 04:30:33 PM April 23, 2014