The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- How ’80s Pop Artist @KeithHaring Continues to Influence the Fashion World http://t.co/Uo0JQVkTWl via @voguemagazine about 11 hours ago
- 'Dinner in NY' photos by @SVADigitalPhoto alumnus Miho Aikawa featured @JuxtapozMag http://t.co/tzp2qP3AbD cc: @mihophoto @SVAalumni about 11 hours ago
- Photos of World Trade Center tourists by @SVABFAPHOTO alumnus Keith Goldstein @TIME http://t.co/MR2IV9Ctkd cc: @kbg32 @SVAalumni about 12 hours ago
- RT @SVA_Residencies: #SVA_Residencies alum Marc Freeman is featured in "100 Painters of Tomorrow," a book published by #ThamesandHudson! ht… about 15 hours ago
- RT @mfaphotovideo: Congratulations to alum Alison Malone, recently named a 2014-15 McKnight Visual Artist Fellow! http://t.co/kRF7x8MaUD about 15 hours ago
- RT @debbiemillman: Repositioning Culture: My SVA Masters in Branding students rocked their thesis: http://t.co/NjZYgUdmAk @SVAMPSB @SVA_News about 15 hours ago
- RT @ArtinAmerica: The Agenda: This Week in New York. http://t.co/nd23zcDo5i @SVA_News @TheNewSchool @HighLineArtnyc @PrattInstitute http://… about 15 hours ago