The New York Women in Communications Foundation has announced the 2011 scholarship winners of its annual program that aims to help young women pursue or further a career in communications. Current MFA Design Department student Camille McMorrow was selected as one of the 18 winners and awarded a Meredith Corporation scholarship, given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in publishing. This is the second year in a row a student from SVA has won the scholarship, with MFA Interaction Design Department student Stephanie Aaron being a 2010 recipient. Previous winners have included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Rosie O’Donnell, Arianna Huffington and actress Idina Menzel.
- Just in time for Halloween: Master pumpkin carver and SVA alumnus @ray_villafane http://t.co/Cd3vhdherQ cc: @SVAalumni @NYBG about 9 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT: Day 5 of installing We Tell Stories begins. A look at Viktor Koen's snowboards to start your day.… http://t.co/0a5Pwr… about 10 hours ago
- RT @Savageartist: Class of 1996 @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT @WBedrosian @iotacons @riccardovecchio hangin' with the Master. @SVAalumni http://t.co/hCK… about 10 hours ago
- .@SVAMFADesign Co-chair Steven Heller discusses 'Isle of The Dead' @FishkoFiles http://t.co/yDVnhFqeU9 cc: @WNYC #Halloween about 10 hours ago
- .@designboom spotlight on @SVAfinearts alumnus Christopher Schanck http://t.co/DvSlak7TeG cc: @AlmineRech @SVAalumni about 10 hours ago
- RT @the_artifice: The Art of Milton Glaser: To Inform and Delight http://t.co/gF1low5cGB #MiltonGlaser #Arts about 10 hours ago
- RT @DustyFestival: Interview with 2014 Dusty presenter Michael Cuesta's (SVA BFA 1985) in @BostonGlobe. @killthemess2014 theaters now - htt… about 13 hours ago