- Lazy Green: Alumnus James Kyungmo Yang (MFA 2010 Design) started Lazy Green as part of his SVA thesis project, and now it’s a full-fledged app for the iPhone and iPad. This educational game has players perform energy-saving tasks to earn “carbon points” and help save endangered animals. Lazy Green is available in the Apple App Store for $1.99.
- The Skinny Dip Shop: Current students Jeff Bryson (BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects Department) and Kelly Shami (BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department) have started a clothing company called The Skinny Dip Shop. The shop contains vibrantly designed T-shirts, jewelry, accessories and even throw pillows to spice up apartment decor. Visit theskinnydipshop.com to get more info.
- Bequita: Alumnus Rebecca Bardes (BFA 2003 Illustration) is the founder and creative director of Bequita, a boutique of clothing for children ages 6 months to 6 years. All of the clothes are 100% organic cotton and feature original, hand-drawn prints by Bardes. Visit bequita.com to see clothes for boys and girls.
- Satirical Images of Virtue and Vice Painted by Toni Hamel https://t.co/rijbE5tj8T about 1 hour ago
- MoMA acquires 324 works of early 20th-century avant-garde art and graphic design https://t.co/ZPglMo2xs9 about 2 hours ago
- RT @ProfessorTnyc: Best Creative #PhotoClass #CreativeProcess in town! #creativity #education #progress #evolution #cuttingedge #zeitgeist… about 3 hours ago
- RT @MFAVN: Luisa Ulhoa (Class of 2018): “Aroe Maiwu” means “new soul” in the language of the Bororo people. This indigenous tribe was one o… about 3 hours ago
- See the world’s most iconic paintings with the people erased https://t.co/a5977Ha780 about 3 hours ago
- RT @Savageartist: Hits shelves in 1 month! https://t.co/JkHaqpdEIY @timmccanna @AndreaDavisPink @PublicolorNYC @_producer @tonydokoupil @CT… about 3 hours ago
- RT @Savageartist: My first book with @nporterbooks + @HolidayHouseBks. 👽👽👽@bbowen949 @GreenburgerLit @SVA_News @SVALibrary @SVAIllusCart @S… about 3 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]