- Lazy Green: Alumnus James Kyungmo Yang (MFA 2010 Design) started Lazy Green as part of his SVA thesis project, and now it’s a full-fledged app for the iPhone and iPad. This educational game has players perform energy-saving tasks to earn “carbon points” and help save endangered animals. Lazy Green is available in the Apple App Store for $1.99.
- The Skinny Dip Shop: Current students Jeff Bryson (BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects Department) and Kelly Shami (BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department) have started a clothing company called The Skinny Dip Shop. The shop contains vibrantly designed T-shirts, jewelry, accessories and even throw pillows to spice up apartment decor. Visit theskinnydipshop.com to get more info.
- Bequita: Alumnus Rebecca Bardes (BFA 2003 Illustration) is the founder and creative director of Bequita, a boutique of clothing for children ages 6 months to 6 years. All of the clothes are 100% organic cotton and feature original, hand-drawn prints by Bardes. Visit bequita.com to see clothes for boys and girls.
- If we want children to value art, we must give them access to it early on in life. Here’s how primary schools can m… https://t.co/994lBxKGiB about 31 minutes ago
- RT @thedailyheller: Match boxes did not set Iran ablaze in January 1978 but the artifacts collected in this book of match labels edited by… about 37 minutes ago
- RT @sva_global: Taos, New Mexico; Cambridge, England; Rome; Barcelona. Travel and make art in these inspiring locations and more! Attend to… about 37 minutes ago
- #DesignMatters: @SVAMPSB's @DebbieMillman Talks Her Long-Running Podcast. The groundbreaking series' 13th season ha… https://t.co/sbqMrG5YRe about 6 hours ago
- RT @MuseumModernArt: Happy #LunarNewYear! We’re welcoming the year of the dog with “Up Dog" (1987/88) by Elizabeth Murray https://t.co/gepb… about 12 hours ago
- RT @SVAalumni: The Google doodle released in honor of MLK Jr. Day was designed by Cannaday Chapman (BFA 2008 Illustration). Chapman said “A… about 12 hours ago
- RT @svaixd: Tomorrow's event on storytelling is packed with some really exciting leaders in UX and design, including @tsharon, Maria Hoderm… about 12 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]