- Lazy Green: Alumnus James Kyungmo Yang (MFA 2010 Design) started Lazy Green as part of his SVA thesis project, and now it’s a full-fledged app for the iPhone and iPad. This educational game has players perform energy-saving tasks to earn “carbon points” and help save endangered animals. Lazy Green is available in the Apple App Store for $1.99.
- The Skinny Dip Shop: Current students Jeff Bryson (BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects Department) and Kelly Shami (BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department) have started a clothing company called The Skinny Dip Shop. The shop contains vibrantly designed T-shirts, jewelry, accessories and even throw pillows to spice up apartment decor. Visit theskinnydipshop.com to get more info.
- Bequita: Alumnus Rebecca Bardes (BFA 2003 Illustration) is the founder and creative director of Bequita, a boutique of clothing for children ages 6 months to 6 years. All of the clothes are 100% organic cotton and feature original, hand-drawn prints by Bardes. Visit bequita.com to see clothes for boys and girls.
- [email protected]: The Surprising Formula for Becoming an Art Star https://t.co/cIXNn8xkQ4 about 5 hours ago
- Uh oh. New Copyright Regulations Could Prevent Artists from Sharing Work on Social Media https://t.co/hw68pSKnBE https://t.co/g5u98f4EE5 about 6 hours ago
- https://t.co/L4opQveAGb about 6 hours ago in reply to SVA_News
- Escape New York Next Semester: Spring 2019 SVA Destinations: It's not too early to start making your spring break p… https://t.co/uq2SS9smom about 6 hours ago
- R.I.P. to the legend #StanLee. #Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95 https://t.co/05NLBejA76 https://t.co/mUxWnDA6a8 about 7 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: Join @SVADSI at @modatl tomorrow evening, Nov. 13, for a Design Conversation in which Cheryl Heller discusses her book, The Int… about 7 hours ago
- A 46-Foot-Tall Minotaur Roams the Streets of Toulouse, France in La Machine's Latest Urban Opera… https://t.co/gUFNci7ATk about 7 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]