Summer Session 2010: Jaime Permuth

July 8, 2010

We asked SVA students and faculty to send in work they were creating over the summer. This is one in an occasional series of Summer Session posts.

MAT Art Education Department faculty member and recent graduate Jaime Permuth (MPS 2009 Digital Photography) sent in this update about his busy summer:

“Over the summer I will be working on completing my series The Completely Visible World, which I began in 2009.

Most recently in New York, images from this body of work have been featured in Daniel Cooney Fine Art’s contemporary photography auction; En Foco’s ‘LATENT’ exhibition at Umbrella Arts; and ‘The Naked Truth,’ curated by Ruben Natal-San Miguel and currently at Hous Projects [through Saturday, July 17]. The series was also featured in the 2010 ‘Bienal de Arte Paiz‘ in Guatemala, curated by Jose Roca.

I will be collaborating on the third and final installment in a trilogy of family projects which I began with my father Mario and younger brother Igal in 2004. To date we have presented the first two installments of the trilogy (in exhibition and book format): Re-trato de familia (2004) and Tarzan Lopez (2007).”

Image: Jaime Permuth, from The Completely Visible World, 2009 – 2010.