With a title that conjures up a science-fiction adventure, viewers of the short documentary The Time Machine might be surprised by what they see. Mark Kendall, a student in the MFA Social Documentary Film Department, has crafted a subtle and insightful portrait of Wil Alvarez, who came to the U.S. from Honduras 11 years ago and now works as a watchmaker in New York City’s Grand Central Station.
Kendall has been submitting the 10-minute film to festivals around the country, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive: The Time Machine will be showing at the Arizona International Film Festival, April 15 – 25; the Nashville Film Festival, April 15 – 22; On Location: Memphis, April 22 – 25; the West Chester Film Festival, April 22 – 25; and the Talking Pictures Festival in Evanston, Illinois, May 6 – 9.
- Designboom covers The Masters Series: Christoph Niemann, on now at SVA Chelsea Gallery @SVAgalleries @designboom https://t.co/UrmzcmS9TD about 8 hours ago
- Check out our roundup of current and upcoming exhibitions at some of NYC's world-class art and design museums. https://t.co/Y7iJuNi8Dp 10:41:14 AM October 13, 2017
- Watch full #NYCC17 @SVACarDev 'Creating a Career in Animation' panel with @rebeccasugar, @Mike__Roth and @philrynda https://t.co/wadEvO3Rvg 02:57:26 PM October 12, 2017
- RT @SVAalumni: Hey DC #SVAalumni! Join us 10.18 at @TheSovereignDC https://t.co/uAHXtAQMst https://t.co/LYLIku0Ixc 04:02:30 PM October 11, 2017
- Tomorrow @SVABFAPHOTO and @DEARDAVEMAG present artist talk/book signing with Jack Pierson and Steel Stillman. Free. https://t.co/joL8zKmngQ 10:03:33 AM October 11, 2017
- RT @artandeducation: School of Visual Arts MFA Art Practice welcomes applications through January 15, 2018. @svaartpractice @SVA_News https… 03:56:24 PM October 09, 2017
- RT @SVADSI: Mark your calendars, @SVA_News! The Design for Social Innovation open house is Oct. 20. 📆 https://t.co/2k2x36difB https://t.co/… 01:28:11 PM October 09, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]