- Business magazine Fast Company chose Look Both Ways: Illustrated Essays on the Intersection of Life and Design by MPS Branding Department Chair Debbie Millman for its Best Design and Architecture Books of 2009 list.
- In the latest installment of HOW magazine’s In-HOWse Design Awards, the Visual Arts Press won four Merit awards in the Education category: the 2009–2010 Undergraduate Catalog; subway posters by faculty members Gail Anderson and Mirko Ilic; and the fall 2008 issue of the Visual Arts Journal.
- Film critic Richard Roeper has compiled his Best Films of the Decade for the Chicago Sun-Times, and Dinner Rush, directed by MPS Live Action Short Film Department Chair Bob Giraldi, earned a slot on the list.
- Alumnus Michael Rizzo (2006 Film and Video) won the Audience Choice Award at the Zero Film Festival for Bay Rizz – The Rescue, a short film about Mayor Bay Rizz (played by Rizzo), who goes missing in Brooklyn’s Bay Ridge neighborhood.
- BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department faculty member Peter Kuper took home the Gold Medal in the Sequential Art category at this year’s Society of Illustrators 52 competition. Kuper’s winning work will be on display in the “Annual Exhibition: Illustrators 52,” 128 East 63 Street, through Saturday, January 23.
- RT @heyjenbartel: ⚡️🌈💥 G I R L G AN G 🔥⚔️🦋 My Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant, available at your LCS this November! https://t.co/H9jl2CGfWn about 31 minutes ago
- RT @BobGiraldi: Fox Searchlight Pictures has acquired two short films that screened in the Toronto Shorts International Film Festival Short… about 31 minutes ago
- Check out the @Kickstarter page for @sva_computerart students' upcoming thesis film 'A Moonlight's Tale'! Help them… https://t.co/sxjqR2OQDD about 38 minutes ago
- RT @SVALibrary: It’s National Voter Registration Day! The library has a stack of New York State voter registration forms - come fill one ou… about 1 hour ago
- RT @SVACampusStore: This is the last week for our Choose Two Back-To-School promotions! 🎒🎟 📻👩🏽💻👨🏾💻🎉 🎧 Offer is valid until Friday! https:… about 1 hour ago
- [email protected] went to @Foursquare last week, hosted by SVA MFAD 2014 alumni, Yiming Bao. Read about the experience… https://t.co/k1AYlB5ORV about 1 hour ago
- RT @coreconnectnow: We live in a new world where customers are woke and have influence on how brands relate to them. See @debbiemillman, @S… about 2 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]