- The New York Times praised “Design USA: Contemporary Innovation,” an exhibition at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, which includes work by SVA Acting Chairman Milton Glaser. Featuring works by designers honored during the first 10 years of the museum’s National Design Awards, the exhibition also has an accompanying multimedia iPod Touch guide with additional features including slideshows and interviews. The exhibition is on view through Sunday, April 4, at 2 East 91st Street.
- Alumnus Kevin Asch’s (BFA 1998 Film and Video) film Holy Rollers, which is a contender in the U.S. Dramatic Competition at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival, was featured in indiWIRE. The movie follows the story of an American Hasidic Jew who smuggles Ecstasy from Europe to the U.S. in the late 1990s. Click here to view a video clip of Asch talking about the film on the Sundance Web site.
- Alumnus Craig Gillespie (BFA 1989 Advertising) just picked up his fourth career nomination for a Directors Guild of America (DGA) Award in the commercials category. Gillespie was nominated for three campaigns for Car.com, Guinness and Orbit. Click here to read an article in Shoot about Gillespie’s entries for the awards.
- For the past decade or so, Mark van Wageningen has been investigating the possibilities of adding color to the conv… https://t.co/kx9n0IkfoV about 26 minutes ago
- 20 Best Photo to Pencil Drawing Effect Actions for Photoshop https://t.co/vhUYJUOai4 #drawings #illustration #photoshop about 52 minutes ago
- Apple Created an Ode to the Trials and Triumphs of Creating on a Mac - there's joy in the process https://t.co/aHlPDhqGv8 #art #computers about 1 hour ago
- The Introspection Illusion https://t.co/xpNaQgx0uq about 18 hours ago
- RT @NYPhotoSalon: Tonight, come see great work! #nyphotosalon #nyc #svanyc https://t.co/dmlXvAhFek about 19 hours ago
- BFA Illustration faculty member @edelstudio contributes to @tmagazine's "13 Artists On: Immigration" feature:… https://t.co/BFHl6XhWIA about 19 hours ago
- No, that viral photo is not just like a Renaissance painting. An art historian weighs in https://t.co/Uayqf7MqyC about 19 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]