- The New York Times praised “Design USA: Contemporary Innovation,” an exhibition at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, which includes work by SVA Acting Chairman Milton Glaser. Featuring works by designers honored during the first 10 years of the museum’s National Design Awards, the exhibition also has an accompanying multimedia iPod Touch guide with additional features including slideshows and interviews. The exhibition is on view through Sunday, April 4, at 2 East 91st Street.
- Alumnus Kevin Asch’s (BFA 1998 Film and Video) film Holy Rollers, which is a contender in the U.S. Dramatic Competition at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival, was featured in indiWIRE. The movie follows the story of an American Hasidic Jew who smuggles Ecstasy from Europe to the U.S. in the late 1990s. Click here to view a video clip of Asch talking about the film on the Sundance Web site.
- Alumnus Craig Gillespie (BFA 1989 Advertising) just picked up his fourth career nomination for a Directors Guild of America (DGA) Award in the commercials category. Gillespie was nominated for three campaigns for Car.com, Guinness and Orbit. Click here to read an article in Shoot about Gillespie’s entries for the awards.
- RT @MFAVN: Draft & Draw | Bring yourself, your appetite, and your supplies. There's no need to bring your sketchbook. Your canvas for the e… about 5 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: See 12 design entrepreneurs present their ideas at Venture Forum: Design and Discovery #venture18 @SVA_News @svatheatre h… about 6 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: Last chance to check out "Mentors"! This exhibition closes Tuesday, March 27. On view now at SVA Chelsea Gallery, 601 Wes… about 6 hours ago
- RT @socdoc: Filmmakers, join our friends at @nyfacurrent for an Apr. 4 workshop w/ @JimJimfyfe, who will share practical techniques for net… about 6 hours ago
- RT @buzelli: Portrait of Wes Anderson and a movie review of his new film ISLE OF DOGS for @newrepublic - oil on board/15"x20" https://t.co/… about 6 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: Social design is the application of design principles to solve for complex human problems. Learn about it in DSI's FREE online… about 6 hours ago
- RT @candsjoy: I want to be like Spike. https://t.co/PIFUbakMJi @Adweek @appleidinesh about 8 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]