- Alumnus Jonathan Torgovnik’s (BFA 1996 Photography) photographs of the post-earthquake recovery efforts in Haiti are featured on Anderson Cooper’s blog AC360°. Torgovnik and Cooper, along with with other members of CNN’s crew, were in Haiti reporting on the effects of the earthquake,when Cooper aided a young boy who had been attacked by looters. Click here to view Torgovnik’s photographs of the incident.
- The New York Times recently mentioned Humanities and Sciences Department faculty member Susan Mosakowski in a glowing review of the one-person show “Wild Man.” Mosakowski is one of the creative directors of the Creation Production Company, which is co-presenting the play, at The Wild Project, 195 East Third Street, through Tuesday, January 26.
- The Web site for the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph touted a class project by current MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department student James Pomerantz. Pomerantz aggregated essays, images and video about conflict photography to create a Web site on the topic. Pomerantz also blogs about his studies at SVA.
- RT @SVADSI: Join us for a screening of "The Long Friday," a documentary-in-progress about how Iceland became the most gender-equal country… about 3 hours ago
- Tonight: A panel discussion with @MichaelDeFeo and other alumni artists featured in the exhibition "Street Smart,"… https://t.co/U8fTrV3qfW about 4 hours ago
- A peek into the sketchbooks of @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT faculty member/alumnus Carol Fabricatore, whose work is currently o… https://t.co/q1cw2gwwox 12:26:41 PM December 11, 2017
- RT @NYPDnews: Update from @FDNY regarding injuries at 42nd St. and 8th Ave. #PortAuthority https://t.co/IzZmg63kzr 09:25:26 AM December 11, 2017
- Stay clear of Times Square area, trains bypassing Port Authority. https://t.co/SRXj2MUD9B 09:03:21 AM December 11, 2017
- RT @artwritingSVA: SVA on View at #MiamiArtWeek2017! Alumna Emma Drew (@emedrew, Class of 2017) writes about @SVAgalleries in collaboration… 12:03:35 PM December 09, 2017
- RT @SVADSI: Download the 2017 MFA Design for Social Innovation brochure: https://t.co/chsCUQTDXY https://t.co/sOJkAjDeh2 09:32:28 AM December 09, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]