- Alumnus Jonathan Torgovnik’s (BFA 1996 Photography) photographs of the post-earthquake recovery efforts in Haiti are featured on Anderson Cooper’s blog AC360°. Torgovnik and Cooper, along with with other members of CNN’s crew, were in Haiti reporting on the effects of the earthquake,when Cooper aided a young boy who had been attacked by looters. Click here to view Torgovnik’s photographs of the incident.
- The New York Times recently mentioned Humanities and Sciences Department faculty member Susan Mosakowski in a glowing review of the one-person show “Wild Man.” Mosakowski is one of the creative directors of the Creation Production Company, which is co-presenting the play, at The Wild Project, 195 East Third Street, through Tuesday, January 26.
- The Web site for the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph touted a class project by current MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department student James Pomerantz. Pomerantz aggregated essays, images and video about conflict photography to create a Web site on the topic. Pomerantz also blogs about his studies at SVA.
- RT @MFAVN: Draft & Draw | Bring yourself, your appetite, and your supplies. There's no need to bring your sketchbook. Your canvas for the e… about 5 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: See 12 design entrepreneurs present their ideas at Venture Forum: Design and Discovery #venture18 @SVA_News @svatheatre h… about 6 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: Last chance to check out "Mentors"! This exhibition closes Tuesday, March 27. On view now at SVA Chelsea Gallery, 601 Wes… about 6 hours ago
- RT @socdoc: Filmmakers, join our friends at @nyfacurrent for an Apr. 4 workshop w/ @JimJimfyfe, who will share practical techniques for net… about 6 hours ago
- RT @buzelli: Portrait of Wes Anderson and a movie review of his new film ISLE OF DOGS for @newrepublic - oil on board/15"x20" https://t.co/… about 6 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: Social design is the application of design principles to solve for complex human problems. Learn about it in DSI's FREE online… about 6 hours ago
- RT @candsjoy: I want to be like Spike. https://t.co/PIFUbakMJi @Adweek @appleidinesh about 8 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]