- Alumnus Deborah Adler’s (MFA 2002 Design) redesign of the Target chain’s prescription bottle was included in an article about major design developments on the GOOD magazine Web site. Adler developed new, safer prescription bottles and labels for her thesis project in the MFA Design Department, which was also the subject of an exhibition at SVA in 2005.
- The Print magazine Web site is featuring an interview with faculty member Genevieve Williams and alumnus Dan Cassaro (BFA 2008 Graphic Design), who were creative director and one of the art directors, respectively, for the BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department 2008 Senior Library. The Library, a three-book set with each volume designed by a different art director, was a winner in the New York City section of Print‘s 2009 Regional Design Annual.
- Alumnus Dash Shaw’s (BFA 2005 Illustration) new book The Unclothed Man in the 35th Century—along with his accompanying Web series on IFC.com—recently received coverage on the Entertainment Weekly Web site, Big Shiny Robot!, Comics Alliance and shortandsweetnyc.com. Click here to read previous Briefs coverage of The Unclothed Man.
- #SVA Alum Elizabeth Peyton will have a solo show at the National Portrait Gallery (@NPGLondon), London in October 2… https://t.co/XFhi4dIkXL about 2 hours ago
- #SVA faculty, designer, podcaster @DebbieMillman talks to acclaimed illustrator, artist and author Christoph Nieman… https://t.co/XtJkocIY7n about 3 hours ago
- #SVA Subway Series: @JuliaRothman Says Protest Is Art [Video] https://t.co/r8YXKcekJA about 4 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: Application Deadline: January 15th 2019. Find out more about our program @ https://t.co/mJMnoZQAuv #design @SVA_News #ent… about 4 hours ago
- Check out an interview with @SVADSI chair Cheryl Heller about social design. https://t.co/lxmZzctC1o https://t.co/qiQD9aTi6Z about 4 hours ago
- The Works at Miami Beach that everyone talked about - feat #SVA faculty member @MarilynMinter… https://t.co/W2wv6AMsI5 about 5 hours ago
- RT @MFAVN: Conversation with visiting director Christina Roussos (@MFAVN faculty). She's the guest director of the International Theater pr… about 6 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]