- Alumnus Deborah Adler’s (MFA 2002 Design) redesign of the Target chain’s prescription bottle was included in an article about major design developments on the GOOD magazine Web site. Adler developed new, safer prescription bottles and labels for her thesis project in the MFA Design Department, which was also the subject of an exhibition at SVA in 2005.
- The Print magazine Web site is featuring an interview with faculty member Genevieve Williams and alumnus Dan Cassaro (BFA 2008 Graphic Design), who were creative director and one of the art directors, respectively, for the BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department 2008 Senior Library. The Library, a three-book set with each volume designed by a different art director, was a winner in the New York City section of Print‘s 2009 Regional Design Annual.
- Alumnus Dash Shaw’s (BFA 2005 Illustration) new book The Unclothed Man in the 35th Century—along with his accompanying Web series on IFC.com—recently received coverage on the Entertainment Weekly Web site, Big Shiny Robot!, Comics Alliance and shortandsweetnyc.com. Click here to read previous Briefs coverage of The Unclothed Man.
- RT @artsy: Arts-focused field trips may boost standardized test scores, new research finds: https://t.co/HIoQ32up95 https://t.co/VqGbCBdKx5 about 5 hours ago
- RT @SVATypeLab: Latest obsession: The Herb Lubalin Study Center and Readymag have launched ‘Lubalin 100’—a site of “100 things over 100 day… about 8 hours ago
- RT @artsy: Why the art market’s simplest form of transparency fell out of favor: https://t.co/eLXb5udGPF https://t.co/Gm4djMozH3 about 8 hours ago
- RT @SVADigitalPhoto: Artist talk by Jane Hammond, who has spent over a decade creating a surreal series of photographic collages, as part o… about 9 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: Catch up with designer Darren Melchiorre MFAD'07 https://t.co/7br7hmTwMZ @RoticDesign @SVAalumni #AlumniSpotlight @SVA_Ne… about 9 hours ago
- The Albertina opens a large-scale exhibition of works by #SVA's #KeithHaring https://t.co/mUoNrXTgaM about 10 hours ago
- It looks like #Banksy has returned to NYC. https://t.co/QBqpnsuDgE via @hyperallergic about 11 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]