- Alumnus Deborah Adler’s (MFA 2002 Design) redesign of the Target chain’s prescription bottle was included in an article about major design developments on the GOOD magazine Web site. Adler developed new, safer prescription bottles and labels for her thesis project in the MFA Design Department, which was also the subject of an exhibition at SVA in 2005.
- The Print magazine Web site is featuring an interview with faculty member Genevieve Williams and alumnus Dan Cassaro (BFA 2008 Graphic Design), who were creative director and one of the art directors, respectively, for the BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department 2008 Senior Library. The Library, a three-book set with each volume designed by a different art director, was a winner in the New York City section of Print‘s 2009 Regional Design Annual.
- Alumnus Dash Shaw’s (BFA 2005 Illustration) new book The Unclothed Man in the 35th Century—along with his accompanying Web series on IFC.com—recently received coverage on the Entertainment Weekly Web site, Big Shiny Robot!, Comics Alliance and shortandsweetnyc.com. Click here to read previous Briefs coverage of The Unclothed Man.
- Athena Rising is spray-painted on the Platform building near Leeds railway station. https://t.co/uhiXtMfAlW about 44 minutes ago
- Hilarious Matchboxes Depict Cats Making Questionable Decisions https://t.co/4reDNdT3zc about 17 hours ago
- A space opening this month in Paris will display the substantial holdings of the artist’s foundation and explore hi… https://t.co/xNumsDS5U5 about 18 hours ago
- Dutch museum will remove yellowed varnish from Van der Weyden's The Lamentation of Christ https://t.co/Ks51O8NAzM about 19 hours ago
- 8 Must-See Museums in Charleston https://t.co/EYJMsS5EoN about 20 hours ago
- 20 Art History Terms to Help You Skillfully Describe a Work of Art https://t.co/WSsuR4JLqO about 21 hours ago
- Frida Kahlo: Making Her Self Up review – forget the paintings, here's her false leg https://t.co/uBSnp71Vh9 about 22 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]