- Limited Edition KAWS Creme de Corps: The “Kiehl’s Since 1851” lotion label received a temporary redesign from KAWS, aka alumnus Brian Donnelly (BFA 1996 Illustration). The profits from its sale will benefit RxArt, a nonprofit organization that brings contemporary art to hospital patients.
- Movado Artist Series: Alumnus Kenny Scharf (BFA 1981 Fine Arts) was commissioned by Movado to design six limited-edition watches. Each of Scharf’s colorful watches comes in a box designed by the artist.
- Look Both Ways, by Debbie Millman (chair, MPS Branding Department): A collection of illustrated essays on design that was recently featured in New York magazine’s Approval Matrix (HOW books, 2009).
- Graphic Design Referenced: A Visual Guide to the Language, Applications, and History of Graphic Design: A survey on the graphic design field that features a two-page spread about the College, including the MFA Design Department and the SVA subway poster campaign (Rockport, 2009).
- The Teen Vogue Handbook: An Insider’s Guide to Careers in Fashion: This guide for teens interested in the fashion business lists the BFA Photography Department as a key program for fashion photography (Razorbill, 2009).
Image: Limited Edition KAWS Creme de Corps, courtesy of Kiehl’s Since 1851.