SVA, in partnership with Giraldi Media, recently announced the winners of the inaugural Out of Hand International Festival (OOHIF), which showcased digital content created by students worldwide and intended for playback on mobile and handheld devices. The $5,000 grand prize was awarded to Guilherme Maueler, a student at the Edinburgh College of Art in Scotland. The second-place prize, a one-month summer creative residency with housing at SVA, was awarded to BFA Film, Video and Animation Department student Ross Bollinger. The winning animations, which use both hand-drawn technique and motion graphics, can be viewed online at www.outofhandfestival.com.
The OOHIF received more than 1,200 submissions from aspiring artists, designers, filmmakers and creative thinkers worldwide. The jurors included MPS Live Action Short Film Department Chair Bob Giraldi, MFA Interaction Design Department Chair Liz Danzico, Cut&Paste’s John Fiorelli, humorist Ze Frank, author Joshua Klein, and PC Magazine‘s Jamie Lendino. Submissions for the 2010 festival are currently being accepted at the OOHIF Web site.
- RT @heyjenbartel: ⚡️🌈💥 G I R L G AN G 🔥⚔️🦋 My Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant, available at your LCS this November! https://t.co/H9jl2CGfWn about 33 minutes ago
- RT @BobGiraldi: Fox Searchlight Pictures has acquired two short films that screened in the Toronto Shorts International Film Festival Short… about 34 minutes ago
- Check out the @Kickstarter page for @sva_computerart students' upcoming thesis film 'A Moonlight's Tale'! Help them… https://t.co/sxjqR2OQDD about 40 minutes ago
- RT @SVALibrary: It’s National Voter Registration Day! The library has a stack of New York State voter registration forms - come fill one ou… about 1 hour ago
- RT @SVACampusStore: This is the last week for our Choose Two Back-To-School promotions! 🎒🎟 📻👩🏽💻👨🏾💻🎉 🎧 Offer is valid until Friday! https:… about 1 hour ago
- [email protected] went to @Foursquare last week, hosted by SVA MFAD 2014 alumni, Yiming Bao. Read about the experience… https://t.co/k1AYlB5ORV about 1 hour ago
- RT @coreconnectnow: We live in a new world where customers are woke and have influence on how brands relate to them. See @debbiemillman, @S… about 2 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]