SVA, in partnership with Giraldi Media, recently announced the winners of the inaugural Out of Hand International Festival (OOHIF), which showcased digital content created by students worldwide and intended for playback on mobile and handheld devices. The $5,000 grand prize was awarded to Guilherme Maueler, a student at the Edinburgh College of Art in Scotland. The second-place prize, a one-month summer creative residency with housing at SVA, was awarded to BFA Film, Video and Animation Department student Ross Bollinger. The winning animations, which use both hand-drawn technique and motion graphics, can be viewed online at www.outofhandfestival.com.
The OOHIF received more than 1,200 submissions from aspiring artists, designers, filmmakers and creative thinkers worldwide. The jurors included MPS Live Action Short Film Department Chair Bob Giraldi, MFA Interaction Design Department Chair Liz Danzico, Cut&Paste’s John Fiorelli, humorist Ze Frank, author Joshua Klein, and PC Magazine‘s Jamie Lendino. Submissions for the 2010 festival are currently being accepted at the OOHIF Web site.
- RT @MFAVN: Draft & Draw | Bring yourself, your appetite, and your supplies. There's no need to bring your sketchbook. Your canvas for the e… about 5 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: See 12 design entrepreneurs present their ideas at Venture Forum: Design and Discovery #venture18 @SVA_News @svatheatre h… about 6 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: Last chance to check out "Mentors"! This exhibition closes Tuesday, March 27. On view now at SVA Chelsea Gallery, 601 Wes… about 6 hours ago
- RT @socdoc: Filmmakers, join our friends at @nyfacurrent for an Apr. 4 workshop w/ @JimJimfyfe, who will share practical techniques for net… about 6 hours ago
- RT @buzelli: Portrait of Wes Anderson and a movie review of his new film ISLE OF DOGS for @newrepublic - oil on board/15"x20" https://t.co/… about 7 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: Social design is the application of design principles to solve for complex human problems. Learn about it in DSI's FREE online… about 7 hours ago
- RT @candsjoy: I want to be like Spike. https://t.co/PIFUbakMJi @Adweek @appleidinesh about 8 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]