SVA was recently honored as one of the three schools selected as finalists in the American Association of Advertising Agencies (4A) 2009 O’Toole Awards for Creative Excellence. Members of the BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department attended an awards ceremony this week at the Nokia Theater, presented by 4A in conjunction with Advertising Week; Atlanta’s The Creative Circus and Virginia Commonwealth University were the other finalists. The event included appearances by prominent members of the advertising industry and a concert featuring artists Eve, Wyclef Jean and Raphael Saadiq. For more information on the O’Toole Awards, visit 4A’s Web site.
- RT @sarahfudin: I've been wondering for a while if the @SVA_News logo was a flower or paintbrush tip, now I know! http://t.co/87i3nLwWQR vi… about 20 minutes ago
- Q&A with @svaixd Chair Liz Danzico about her @NPR gig and more @designworklife http://t.co/OPEnJ1z1X0 cc: @somelaniesaid about 25 minutes ago
- http://t.co/zllywizzUV ranks in top five 'Best Designed U.S. College Websites' http://t.co/QUfoeqAuFO via @Reuters cc: @funnygarbage about 59 minutes ago
- 'Japan’s Radioactive Nightmare': Nuclear Nation by @SVAfilmvideo alum Atsushi Funahashi featured @NewYorker http://t.co/2eRA1xGo5e about 2 hours ago
- A lecture by artist and scholar Hakan Topal tonight at SVA http://t.co/vdn2mnWZ51 cc: @hak7n @SVAMFAFineArts about 2 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: Reception tomorrow for 'Front and Center' at SVA Chelsea Gallery, 6-8pm http://t.co/SgKCTSh0ip @SVAMFAFineArts @SVA_News about 2 hours ago
- What’s in Store: Developer Trays, Graphic Content, Color Management & Forest Feast http://t.co/i5i5WlmYHG cc: @SVADigitalPhoto @SVABFAPHOTO about 22 hours ago