- SVA is one of five schools featured in the October issue of Wizard Magazine, as part of the fall enrollment guide for comic art schools. The article calls the BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department ideal for, “those with an eye on the future of both mainstream—and alternative—comic and cartooning work.”
- The Wall Street Journal recently featured an interview with alumnus Dinh Q. Lê (MFA 1999 Photography and Related Media), who is known for his montages of photographs from the Vietnam War, which he weaves together to resemble traditional mats. Lê talks about his growing collection of contemporary Vietnamese art and how his artistic practice informs his collecting.
- Marvel Comics is featuring an interview with alumnus Dash Shaw (BFA 2005 Illustration) on its Web site. Shaw is one of the artists commissioned by Marvel to contribute to their new series Strange Tales, in which indie and alternative comic artists take on characters from the Marvel pantheon. Shaw talks with Marvel.com about his story featuring Doctor Strange.
- RT @MFAVN: Netflix is developing animated shows from the creators of Moana, Inside Out, and Finding Dory -| The service’s four-year plan in… about 6 hours ago
- RT @svasocdoc: So Proud of SocDoc alum @YUQIII Kang and her team on @littlewisdomdoc for winning #DocNYC Grand Jury Prize with her thesis f… about 6 hours ago
- RT @SVA_MFACA: Great to meet with prospective students and representatives from other schools at the @RinglingCollege Grad School Fair toda… about 6 hours ago
- Jeff Koons Found Guilty in Plagiarism Dispute With Naf-Naf https://t.co/WsBYN1VXnT about 8 hours ago
- RT @BespokeLib: Our 7th gr Star Desi is loving Witch Boy by @MollyOstertag! Her favorite book all year. ☺️ (Wait until she reads sequel!) h… about 9 hours ago
- one taught me love one taught me patience one taught me pain https://t.co/GYmeSL5VMW about 9 hours ago
- Paula Rego’s art has challenged us for decades. Now, at 83, she talks to Eva Wiseman about cruel fables and the med… https://t.co/q2x1aiGMQr about 9 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]